Friday 10th June

The sport of kings.
andyfuller

davetimmins wrote:I have no problems people finding an edge and exploiting it. The issue is that the sums involved are huge and skew the whole IR market at times. I do agree that racecourses should open the whole thing up to anyone who wants to trade on-course, but maybe that would kill it. The big guys wouldn't want to know anymore
If anyone can go to these courses and do it I have no issue but if they can't then I do have an issue as I said. The fact the money involved is big doesn't bother me.

I agree also with your comment that it is an interesting discussion and good to hear peoples differing views. As you say you can't stand still, these guys oncourse also create opportunities it is just a matter of finding how to make money from them though.
davetimmins

As a little postscript to IR and faster pictures. This evening there have been at least 5 or 6 horses that have been traded heavily at 1.15 and below which have all lost and one Irish punter who had 15k matched on fav at 1.5 late on which lost.
andyfuller

davetimmins wrote:As a little postscript to IR and faster pictures. This evening there have been at least 5 or 6 horses that have been traded heavily at 1.15 and below which have all lost and one Irish punter who had 15k matched on fav at 1.5 late on which lost.
Not my idea of a near zero risk ;)

Just shows that there are opportunities created by these people though.
andyfuller

Well that 20.50 just capped what has been an absolute fantastic day of trading over here.

Trading the drift on the fav and the shortening of the 2nd fav gave one of the best markets I have seen for some time :D
SpikeyBob

Today has been my 4th best day of 2011, so quite happy with that, a beer is in order I think.

Return to “Trading Horse racing”