Betfair scalping for beginners

We were all new to Bet Angel once. Ask any question you like here and fellow forum members promise not to laugh. Betfair trading made simple.
tomipraikkonen

Hello

I have question how to set the settings...

I am on the ladder and lets say i want to back first and then to lay on the other side, but only when my back bet is matched.When i use Offset bet with greening when i put back bet, BA put another bet for me on the lay side even my money on the back side are not matched.

Could someone help me

THX
LeTiss

tomipraikkonen,

You need to tick the 'place fill or kill bets' box
rjay1000

Hi
Can anyone help me on this one? Are we able to green up on a potential profit on the free version of bet angel's 1 click screen? Also (this will totally reveal my lack of knowledge) am I completely thick - is anyone else experiencing difficulty trying to understand trading on the ladder when it's reversed? Any answers will be reverentially received -thanks - ric
to75ne

quite sure the free grid does hedge (green or red up),
have not seen it or used it for years, so i don't actually know; if there is a green button on the screen somewhere then it probably does. check with the ba website to make sure. cant see why it would exist if it did not hedge, quite pointless without it.

have a look at this link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ai0CpQ8cahg

explains the reasoning behind reversing the book
rjay1000

Hi to75ne

thanks for the help - i thought it was possible to greenup on the 1 click screen and when i achieved a one click margin i tried the green up facility but it didn't spread the potential profit over the other runners - i naturally thought that: either the potential profit was too small to green up with (80p if the horse won) or the free version of the 1 click screen didn't support greening. Anyway, dumb as i must sound, i'm going to persevere. PW makes it look far too simple though for mere mortals.. but thanks again - 'appreciate it.
ric
kashiwazaki

Can anyone help?

I cannot get the setting for Staking to save in the file. I mean no matter what figure I enter for staking I always get £2 in the back stake and lay stake columns

what am I doing wrong?
CaerMyrddin

Maybe Settings, Edit Settings, Staking, Default Stake?
kashiwazaki

yes thanks

that is the problem -I set my global settings and my default stake, saved it as "xyz" but then I still get £2 in the back stake & lay stake columns

hmm
smartypants59

Hi, im fairly new too this i been working on the ladders for a little while, im not too bad on entering the market my problem is adjusting tha stakes im sure its somewhere in the settings im sure but just cant find it. When i change the stakes on the lay side and back side i find that sometimes it takes only apercentage of the stake and and leaves the rest i then find before i green up that i have to manually make the diference on the other side if u no what i mean. if i green up and both sides are not equal i finde the amounts are not the same on the green up. can u help
Euler

Switch on the 'trading profit' column on the ladder then you can enter or exit quickly or use the trade calculator.

Also you can press the space bar which will switch your stake to the 'net stake' amount at the top of the ladder screen. The 'net stake' is the balance of any unmatched bets on both sides.
Hedge ender

Hi LeTiss 4pm, i'm from Southampton and was wondering if you would please message me so i can contact you back.

Dave
JollyGreen

kashiwazaki wrote:yes thanks

that is the problem -I set my global settings and my default stake, saved it as "xyz" but then I still get £2 in the back stake & lay stake columns

hmm
Do you have a check mark in the box that overrides the tick size stakes? Have a look at the screen shot.

Check you have the latest version 1.30.4 or the beta 1.30.5
default stakes.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
mightymoney

Hi

I am new to this. I have watched every video on betangel and probably all of them on youtube. But I still have lots of questions.

On this video link
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MMs3SfXiV8U

There is a one touch scalping option. Its looks fantastic. Is there anything that I need to be cautious of in this method? Noticed Peter had £1000 liability but only used £5 stakes. Would this work with £100 liability and £5 stakes?

Also in the betangel tv videos there is an option of using guardian to do the scalping and greening up for you. The settings they used in these videos have anyone tried this set up and did it work? They programmed it so it wouldnt bet until 5 mins before the race and no more bets 10 seconds after the race. Could anyone tell me what rules are the best mixture to have?

I am happy to trade myself. But is it better for Betangel to do all the work through guardian. Seems to be a lot of people on here looking for auto bots so they can go off fishing for the day and they seem to get slated on here.lol.. Is Guardian considered a autobot? Do the same settings work every day on guardian for horse racing?

Im just nervous as I tried the forex markets a few years ago and that went well until we had the biggest crash since 1985 when conservatives won the elections. I have to admit I did get greedy but have learnt my lesson.

Plus the idea of doing this is so I can give my misses the life she deserves and plan a family here in sunny Wales. I don't mind hard work and hours in front of the computer. Just some great advice would be much appreciated such as what's the most popular way of doing things and what has the lowest risk.

Look forward to your future response

Joe
NR169

My advice would be to put in the hours watching markets develop and move up and down prior to going "in play". Do you know how much a £200 back bet is worth if it moves 3 notches down the ladder from 4.7 for a green up? or how much for a red up if it moves three notches up?

Scalping is hard hard work and sorting out an "automation" that will pay the bills is going to be a real challenge.

I use automation to try out ideas and look for opportunities.

8 months into my Bet Angel career and I think that my classification is "advanced learner" not out of junior school.

The numpties who have been slaughtered here have basically said "tell me how to make £xxx a day with no effort"

The Green up would be £14 at 4.4
The red up would be £12 at 5

Lol I better go and check that

Good luck. This is a great tool for traders.
NR169

My advice would be to put in the hours watching markets develop and move up and down prior to going "in play". Do you know how much a £200 back bet is worth if it moves 3 notches down the ladder from 4.7 for a green up? or how much for a red up if it moves three notches up?

Scalping is hard hard work and sorting out an "automation" that will pay the bills is going to be a real challenge.

I use automation to try out ideas and look for opportunities.

8 months into my Bet Angel career and I think that my classification is "advanced learner" not out of junior school.

The numpties who have been slaughtered here have basically said "tell me how to make £xxx a day with no effort"

The Green up would be £14 at 4.4
The red up would be £12 at 5

Lol I better go and check that

Good luck. This is a great tool for traders.

Return to “Bet Angel for newbies / Getting started”