Training

The sport of kings.
alanthespurs

Hi

I wondered (as an undisciplined trader)that you would advise me on going on peters forthcoming course, I am a reasonably experienced trader, but stupid. I admit it, I can trade with a £1000.00 bank and take all afternoon to make £100, then I get fed up and think, hold on watch the drifters and do 2 x £55 lays and out, works great untill they start winning.
Yes I dont need you to tell me I'm stupid, I know and am determined to just trade before in play and green or red up, either way.

Discipline seems to me to be the biggest problem along with greed, I have to learn because i go 3 steps forward then all of a sudden 10 steps back.
can anyone give me some good advise and not abuse please.

Thanks
Photon

If indispline when it comes to greening up is your achilles heel then I would suggest having an active BA spreadsheet open when trading that green/red up 20, 30, 60 etc seconds before off so you don't get tempted to hold to a loosing position toward the start and end up taking it in-play. At times greening at a set interval may not work in your favour, as you may seen prices going in your anticipated direction just after greening up, but it will save your bank in the long run as taking an open position in in-play can be disasterous. Having a spreadsheet greening up for you saves you from having a Hamlet syndrome.
alanthespurs

Thanks

Photon

Can you just tell me how I get this spreadsheet ?

Or is there a video on how to set it up please

cheers

Alan
steven1976

Take a break or pack up for the day if your bored.
JollyGreen

Alan

Do you think your "errors" or as you call it "stupidity" arise from a true lack of knowledge, a poor temperament or a combination of both?

I always believe you can never know enough about a subject. You may find that Peter's course will help you spot some errors in your trading. Peter does also talk about mindset so that should help.
alanthespurs

Hi Jolly Green

I think youre spot on a combination of the both , I have now booked and paid for the Course on the 28th June, I cant wait to meet Peter and everyone, I hope you will be around, I am determined to do this and get it right, but I do lack the knowledge that I stupidly thought I had, and I certainly did not have the discipline.

I'm hoping this course will help me, thank you for your constructive and appreciated comments

cheers
Alan
Photon

Can you just tell me how I get this spreadsheet ?
Its just a normal spreadsheet that comes with BA program (tab=Excel then browse). You can have in cell G4 say, 00:00:30 (you can define timing that's works for you) and H4 say 00:00:10 (in case it doesn't green up properly the first time) with the following formula in the global command cell L6:

=+IF(G4=F4,"GREEN_ALL",IF(F4=H4,"GREEN_ALL",""))

This will make sure that you're green/red up whether you like it or not and then you can start thinking about how to turn green more often than not.
to75ne

sorry to ressurrect an oldish fred, just hoping photon will spot it when he looks in.

photon your formula how does it work?

when your fist condition is meet the reset "trigger" cell 06 fires up and states ok ( iassume). how does the second condition fire without resetting cell 06?

just curious

Return to “Trading Horse racing”