Wednesday 13th July

The sport of kings.
JollyGreen

Well I was late starting today and Lingfield 14:30 was my first market. I was underwhelmed :shock: and managed to grab a loss!!

Anyway I switched to the Uttoxeter 14:40 and managed to grab a decent trade...HOWEVER...I simply scattered the market for Hucking Hero with small/medium orders and was slightly confused by what happened. The prices went through their mental phase but it appeared that my orders were never filled despite the price appearing to have passed me. I have to say "appeared" because sometimes they move so quickly you can never be sure. Has anyone else noticed this?

Anyway I was a happy bunny because I laid the field in running when they drove the price of Final Flyer into 1.20 I then got Hucking Hero at 1.30 and Baraathen came buy and pinched the race from the pair of them :D I offered 1.50 and was more than surprised to get 3 of the 4 runners matched!! A day's profit on 1 race so I may sit back and just look for solid trends now...if we see any!
JollyGreen

I managed it again getting three matched at 1.67 in the Lingfield 15:00 :D

You have to be slightly careful at Lingfield as they have a contingency of in running players in the boxes at the track. I tend to offer 1.67-1.70 according to how the race is panning out. I have lots of race reading experience and you cannot do this blind. I just know that Swaninstockwell runs with the choke out so was unlikely to last home, once I had him in the book the rest was gravy :D
Euler

One really decent trade has set me up nicely for the day but beyond that I'm finding it difficult to find any decent opportunties.
JollyGreen

Well I had few more decent in running trades with horses matched at low prices. The normal pre-race stuff has been dire if I am honest. I'm making a profit but it is slow and it seems as if money is not trading that well. You seem to be sat in a queue for ages but cannot get matched.

I'm off out now so that's about it for me today.
RideTheLightning

Yeah struggled today too, only up slightly.
andyfuller

2 races in 20 mins then 3 in 15mins, I am sure they do it just to wind me up.
andyfuller

That last race was an absolute disgrace!

How Winchester Road was allowed to run is beyond me - it had gone flat out, the jockey looked knackered, the horse had used up heaps of energy and to top it off the saddle had slipped forward BEFORE the off.

The race got underway and the horse was promptly pulled up due to a slipped saddle. Was it re-saddled down at the start that we didn't see?

Just because it was an outsider no one gave a toss imo.
andyfuller

They are saying that the horse was checked over - was it F@CK the assistant starter gave it a quick pat and that was that.

Can you imagine if that was a favourite - completely different set of circumstances would have happened.
andyfuller

I hang my head in shame at times about this 'Sport' what happened to the Vet checking horses over - saddle was slipped before the off as well I am sure of it?

An utter disgrace, if someone in racing can tell me the same would have happened had it been Denman or Kauto Star then sorry I must be a fool.

Return to “Trading Horse racing”