Monday 18th July

The sport of kings.
Euler

They can't repair the ambulance, so a new one has been called.
JollyGreen

If they cannot change the tyre then you have ask how legal and roadworthy that old crate is? Legally they should have a spare so if they cannot change it then it must either be seized on or they a bunk of total incompetent fools - I know what my money is on!!
JollyGreen

PMSL!! Clown of the Course says "My ground staff has resolved the problem with a bit of skill!" Don't make me laugh. :lol: :lol:

I feel a joke coming on

"How many Yarmouth ground staff does it take to replace a wheel on an Ambulance?"

You can add your own answer as you see fit!
andyfuller

Euler wrote:Betdaq has undergone quite a mercurial change from last week it would seem.
In what ways would you say it has changed Peter?
mugsgame

Over 1million matched pre play on 4.15 Yarmouth on BDQ
Euler

andyfuller wrote:In what ways would you say it has changed Peter?
Spreads are tigether and there is more money available at more prices. This has reduced the book % as well. This means a few more strategies can come into play. I think I will spend most of this week playing around to see what works best.

What worked well for me last week probably isn't going to work as well this week. It's a bit of a learning curve.
andyfuller

Cheers for that.

I feel quite positive - going to do a post about my 'experience' later or in the morning.

Think we relly need to get LTP, volumes and a faster ping sorted ASAP.

Would like some keyboard shortcuts as well. They aren't there now are they and I have just missed them?

If not it is back to using Autokey in the short term.
andyfuller

P n L wise that wasn't a great afternoon, basically broke even but from a trading view point I was surprisingly surprised how good it was. Need to play with my setup some more and really could do with some improvements software and ping wise but I feel a lot more positive about it now.

Especially when you think £100 won on BD = £250 on BF @ 60% PC rate.

(It is actually even more considering the favourable commission you get on Betdaq.)

What were other peoples experiences?
spreadbetting

I wasn't that active more just putting in feelers but won every race I played so at least it was positive.

Was dissapointed by the fill rate, despite alot of my prices mirroring the ones on betfair they just weren't being taken whereas betfair went thru the price a few times. I thought they'd be arbing bots taking care of that but seems not.

But for a crappy Monday racing I thought things were OK and should get better. I've been doing this quite a long time and remember trading markets with a lot less liquidity than betdaq have at the moment, just takes a bit of tweaking from what we're used to.
xitian

For those interested (and not monitoring the other forum category), I posted a summary of Betfair's matched volume for this afternoons races here: viewtopic.php?f=16&t=3630&start=130
AReasonedView

I'm a relatively smaller horse racing trader but one who will be approaching £250,000 in a little while as I make most of my money on football but I just had to have a go on the horses on Betdaq today - I found it pretty good actually - I only used small stakes but was profitable in most races (I lost in a couple as I wasn't able to green up due to the <50p bet restriction which is annoying and the wrong horse won!). I have been adding liquidity recently to Betdaq's football matches but there is a long way to go there. This is going to be a time thing but I can only see Betdaq getting better & better. I certainly intend to do all my horse racing there in future - I think many will follow.
andyfuller

What has surprised me is how often you can get better odds on Betdaq and to decent stakes. The 20.10 you could get 2 ticks more often to several hundred on Betdaq, add in lower com. and I don't see why punters don't bet more on BD. Surely they are just throwing value away?
Euler

I was pleasantly surprised by the rise in liquidity today on Betdaq today. I sort of felt people who say they would put some money in the market, wouldn't do it when it actually came to it. Everybody can only benefit from a stronger competitor in the market so it's a good start.

I didn't do that well today TBH, I was caught out by how different the market was compared to last week. But I'm a quick learner!
andyfuller

I struggled this afternoon but was finding my feet, it will take me some time to settle into it and the new screen layout etc but it already feels better than a few hours ago.

Done much better this evening, only a handful of losses. Actually looking forward to tomorrow on there :)
superfrank

I gave up after 3 losing races in a row on Bedtdaq - it just felt horrible - but I'm gonna give it another go tomorrow. I was too concerned looking at the Betfair prices instead of just trading what I saw.

Isn't Alex Hammond just lovely?! Great tipster and a Blade too!

Return to “Trading Horse racing”