Since the changes....

The sport of kings.
chuck536

Hey all.... just wanted to see what others had to said, since the new PC3 was introduced do the markets seem different to you?? Today seems a real struggle to me and has done quite a bit since the 17th... almost like my 'edges' don't seem to work anywhere near the amount they did?? Be interesting to see if anyone else feels the same
Euler

It is not the same and we are number crunching loads of data to try and indentify exactly what has changed. We have very high quality data that we can compare stuff too but we need to collect loads to form some trends. We will post up when we have something.
RideTheLightning

I think it has got harder. This maybe due to my own personal issues in adapting. Also, I thought with some of the big traders leaving it may benifit lower volume traders.
mcfc1981

money seems less real, maybe betfair
jimrobo

I allways said it will get harder as the big traders leave.

The smaller traders just think the big boys have left and it will become easier for them but unfortunately the markets don;t work like that and the delicate balance the markets were previously in have been turned upside down.

The nice smooth moves you previously had are being replaced by spikey lumpy moves caused by the larger punters having less traders liquidity to absorb their orders.

People are beginning to realise that PC3 is affecting them in ways they hadn't realised. The bad news is its likely to get worse.
chuck536

Indeed jim, all the more reason to head for the daq! .... i wonder if the money is even their sometimes if ya get me.... i could swear earlier i was bottom of a cue with about £100... seen a £600 stake come in but not matched? really odd.
CaerMyrddin

I rarely trade the uk horse racing and didn't move to Betdaq yet, although I've funded my account.

I must say that I'm now in one of those 'printing moeny' phases. It's hard to know if it's the effect of the hollidays I took, or if the markets are less 'traded' and my margins got bigger.

Btw, today I had my first session in loss in the Aus racing after 72 profitable sessions in a row! And I guess it only happened because Hobart was canceled and I didn't have the time I neeeded to recover...
superfrank

have I missed something?! I thought we were on PC2...
CaerMyrddin

Unfortunately, I'm still on PC v1.0 :(
hgodden

superfrank wrote:have I missed something?! I thought we were on PC2...
They're referring to PC2 as the changes betfair made to the original PC a while ago, so for many people the new 60% one is PC3
convoysur

its definetely gotten worse,so much money is not real, and 4.000 and 10.000 popping up all the time. there dosnt seem to be any pattern to it,its really hard to get a couple of ticks .and i have a small bank so its a pain in the ass,i seriously thinking of trying the football markets untill the whole thing settles down,ive only ever watched one game of football in my life so it will be fun learning,cant be any worse than the horses im sure.
Marc
rhysmr2

Doesn't seem that different to me?

Feels like there's less money about but I wouldn't know for sure since I don't keep data.

I'm still using betfair until I can afford to move some cash over to betdaq. I just hope it is a viable alternative.
Zenyatta

All the accounts I'm getting is that the money on Betfair has increased since PC3. Betdaq has increased as well, but to repeat, the money on Betfair has increased also,not decreased, as was first reported.
jimrobo

all the reports I've seen are exactly the opposite
Zenyatta

Some data for the first week after PC3 is here:
http://exchangeresearch.blogspot.com/20 ... mpact.html

There was indeed a drop of 27% on Betfair for the one day (Monday, 18th July)when the PC3 was first introduced, but after that, the data shows no significant difference.
Last edited by Zenyatta on Tue Aug 02, 2011 6:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Trading Horse racing”