Good old Betfair.

Football, Soccer - whatever you call it. It is the beautiful game.
Adster

Trading a live game last night with our members. We were on a strategy called NAC, (Nearly All Covered) where we back Over 3.5, various high scores and Under 2.5. The game was Huddersfield v Bradford at 7pm. The game was suspended 2 mins before KO after we placed our bets....

Whilst the markets were unsuspended at HT the liquidity and prices on offer left a lot to be desired so many of us stayed in the trade. 2-1 and 1-2 were our dangers, 3-1, 3-0, auq and 2-2 were profitable scores.

At 1-2 in 63rd min it wasnt looking good. Fortunately it was 1-2 to Bradford the dog. Huddersfield then equalised leaving us looking at an £80 profit on a 2-2 result.

Longest 15 mins of many traders lives! Another goal was £10 loss, acceptable under the circumstances. Luckily the game ended 2-2 and profits made.

The game was called correctly but why oh why can't Betfair get a live feed on an English Cup Game? Not like it was a LAtvian 2nd division game.

FFS.
enzabella2009

It`s also slow to unsuspend some games.
This morning I have layed the draw @ 1.3 on the 86th minutes of NAGOYA-ALBIREX NIIGATA match. Nagai have scored on the 90th minute for NAGOYA but, it took so long to reopen the market and place the bet just in time for kawamata to score 2-2 @ the 93rd minute ( it`s his 1st professional game of his life) hehehhehe....I am not jokking 1 second more, I lose my money....
convoysur

i couldent believe it in the last kick of the game ,i had just put 50 euro on under 3.5 at 1,14,,some win some lose,
Marc
enzabella2009

I usually do the opposite..I lay this short odds insted of backing it. I have almost hit a lay on HW 1.01..it was close...
convoysur wrote:i couldent believe it in the last kick of the game ,i had just put 50 euro on under 3.5 at 1,14,,some win some lose,
Marc
convoysur

i normally trade the 2.5 or 3.5 and once i have a profit i lay at 1.1 1.09 some where around that ,i normally dont trade between 80 and 90 mins it very dangerous for goals ,but i come back in at 90 in to injury time and make more in 1 min that 30 mins trading ,
i dont know if im right or wrong but its what i do.it normally works but i havent got it 100% yet ,,thats if 100% is possible.
but you are right i lay the 1.03 or so also put a 2 euro bet on the losing team some times there 300/1 ,if they score the up side is massive,
Marc
Adster

More goals are scored in the majority of leagues from 76 mins onwards. With so much Fergie time for many games now, 3 mins or more laying at short odds can be a very good and profitable move.
convoysur

it seams to be the way the pros do it ,i began by noticing when the unders reach 1.2 ---1,08 the money is taken on the lay side so im following the croud,,
Marc ..
enzabella2009

Adster wrote:More goals are scored in the majority of leagues from 76 mins onwards. With so much Fergie time for many games now, 3 mins or more laying at short odds can be a very good and profitable move.
It`s around 20%-25% but, the rest of 75%-80% are scored b4 the 76 mins...if you have already made a profit, It`s still worth to start to lay from 76` but, to get 1.5 on Correct score for example you need to wait the 80th minute or more wich is crucial time for scoring...
Adster

enzabella2009 wrote:
Adster wrote:More goals are scored in the majority of leagues from 76 mins onwards. With so much Fergie time for many games now, 3 mins or more laying at short odds can be a very good and profitable move.
It`s around 20%-25% but, the rest of 75%-80% are scored b4 the 76 mins...if you have already made a profit, It`s still worth to start to lay from 76` but, to get 1.5 on Correct score for example you need to wait the 80th minute or more wich is crucial time for scoring...
Yes, sorry what i meant was more goals are scored between 76-90 than say 0-15, 16-30 and so on.

Similarly more goals are scored second half than first half. Something I often do if a game is 0-0 at HT and I've looked at in-play stats to see Shots on Goal etc plus recent results is to lay say Under 2.5 at 1.18 to 1.22s.

Early goal comes you can take out the red. IF still 0-0 about 65 mins I will lay the draw at 2s for my 2.5 liability so I only need a goal for at worse a scratch trade. Late flurry is happy days, 0-0 of course FT is bad news!
luissuarez

Adster wrote: The game was suspended 2 mins before KO after we placed our bets....

FFS.
Was trading pre game on Valencia Granada on Saturday night and the same thing happened, the match went in play and the market was suspended for the first few minutes of the game (Don't know what the reason for this was)Fortunately it came back in play just in time for me to close my trades and avoid a loss due to the early goal
AReasonedView

Yes - I got caught out with that too which cost me a few quid. What actually happened was the market was suspended at 7pm exactly (the official ko time) but the game didn't start until approx 2 mins later. I've seen it happens loads of times on the Spanish/Italian live football on Sat/Suns. Just a complete pain - could easily ruin a good day's work. I complained to them once about it but it's happened a number of times since - about as useful as a chocolate fireguard!
freddy

it's a joke how many times this happens :( ,

they should either hire more suspend monkeys
or Put less games inplay
as they obviously dont have the staff to deal with all the games adequately at times.

and if they lose the live feed then put the unmanaged in-play not leave it suspended untill half time grrr :evil: .
freddy

A Late Suspension on the Barnsley v Ipswich game at 2-0
followed by a long 5 mins + suspension
to sort out the mess that Betfair had caused.

and during that time, guess what it's 2-2.

clowns :lol:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
freddy

Suspended for 10 mins for no reason, then 2 goals :lol:

too many mistakes happening lately :oops:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Football trading”