Australian Open Tennis 2012

CaerMyrddin

Unprofitable :lol:
Euler

Unlucky, it looked like Djokovic was in trouble at one point.
120125 - 01 - Djokovic vs Ferrer - Injury.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Euler

My attention is now turning to what a Djokovic vs Murray semi will play out like.
rubysglory

CaerMyrddin wrote:Djokovic injured? Strange 'body language'.
He just did not look right. Dug deep to win the tie break and that no doubt gave him the mental edge. The markets did not miss his pain however with tournament odds on the drift from 2.20 pre-game to 2.50 post.

rg
Euler

Stunning start by Federer, up 3-0 in a flash and Nadal very much on the back foot.
Euler

Big of a classic battle underway here. Nadal has refused to buckle but Federer is grinding through the latter stages of the first set.
LeTiss

Federer needed that set more than Nadal. History shows that Federer rarely comes from behind to beat Rafa, however Rafa has beaten Federer from behind a few times
Euler

Australia day fireworks coming up in 15-20mins.

It has been a key turning point in the past.
luissuarez

LeTiss 4pm wrote:
I think this highlights how BF have failed to truly crack the Aussie market, because it's basically the European timezone traders providing the major liquidity. Anything being played in the early hours, is very poor considering it's a Grand Slam
I really don't understand the need for an aussie wallet, why cant betfair just operate a normal market for the tennis. I can bet on sport in hundreds of countries but for sport in Australia I am required to go through some KYC check.
Euler

It was the only way they would be granted a license to operate.
LeTiss

On that subject Peter, what would happen if BF lost their Australian licence?

They don't have a USA licence, but it doesn't stop us trading on US markets, and we don't need US wallets. If they lost their Aussie licence, we'd surely still be able to trade on Aussie markets, just not Australians themselves.

The Aussie wallet is a pain in the arse. They might get additional liquidity from Australian customers, but probably lose even more here because people can't be bothered with the hassle of transferring money.
CaerMyrddin

Licenses to operate are over rated!

Well done Peter, fireworks having an impact was something I would never think of?
Euler

LeTiss 4pm wrote:On that subject Peter, what would happen if BF lost their Australian licence?
Good question. I mean you can bet on the races run by the hong kong jockey club and in Dubai despite the fact you cant actually bet on them for one reason or another. I know I have a vested interest but it does make sense for betting to be regulated so at least the originator gets rewarded, otherwise its difficult to stop.
Euler

Federer keeps on clipping the top of the net doesn't he?

You have to favour Nadal the longer this contest goes on.
Euler

Rafa goes for a break on the ninth game and gets it.

Return to “Tennis Trading”