Auto In Play Spreadsheet

Discussion regarding the spreadsheet functionality of Bet Angel.
hutcho74

Hi all,

I am looking for a spreadsheet to link to BA that will place bets in play automatically based on certain triggers but will only place a maximum of 1 bet on any horse that meets the criteria. Is anyone able to help with this? I am happy to pay for this service as I do not have the ability to do it myself.

Thanks,

Mat.
buyshirts

I understand your problem but all you have to master is the IF statement in excel and you are there mate.
Do a search on the net and there are loads of examples.
It wont take you long and in the run you will benefit bundles.
hutcho74

Thanks mate, I have had a go at it and managed to successfully write a sheet that places lay bets for me in-play if certain conditions are met.

The next step is to work out suitable code to clear the status cells after the race is over in order to be ready for the next event via BA automation. I have had a look through other threads and I might try and use a formula to look for the Suspended command after the event is closed to clear the cells.
hutcho74

I have copied and pasted a formula from another thread and it now clears the status cells if H1="Suspended". This might be a dumb question but I am now left with data in columns P,Q,R,S for the bet reference details, is this going to be a problem or will it be overwritten when new bets are placed?
nigelk

A quick way would be:

If Range("H1") = "Suspended" Then
Application.EnableEvents = False
Range("O9:S100") = ""
Application.EnableEvents = True
End If

put the above in as a worksheet change event. Don't add anything such as .select or .activate. or .clearcontents.

cells such as O10,P10,Q10,R10 and S10 no longer "exist" as they have all been merged into one, L10.
hutcho74

Thanks nigel, I have managed to get it all sorted out. I am quite surprised at what I have been able to achieve with some simple testing, this BA to excel is pretty good stuff :)

Just a question, if I wanted the spreadsheet to green up in play would I put the GREEN_ALL command in cell L6?

Return to “Bet Angel - Spreadsheet / Excel chat”