3 Earthquakes this week

Trading is often about how to take the appropriate risk without exposing yourself to very human flaws.
enzabella2009

Hi guys, believe or not I traded and closed my position in the middle of an earthquake. It`s the 3rd earthquake this week but on the previous 2 I was either sleeping or just woke up. This time i had the thrill of trading while the strongest one hit. Obviously I stopped trading just in case. :D :shock:
CaerMyrddin

I hope nothing major hits Italy :shock:
enzabella2009

The experts saying that each earthquake was not related to the previous one. I find it very hard to believe. It started with 4.2 in Verona, the 2nd one was 4.9 in Emilia romagna and this one was 5.6 in between emilia romagna and toscany all in 5 days. In Milan we felt all 3 of them. Like I said to Jeff I have everything ready for an emergency.
CaerMyrddin wrote:I hope nothing major hits Italy :shock:
gutuami

it seems that the last one was the strongest. Interesting is the fact that there are hundreds per week worldwide.

http://earthquake.usgs.gov/earthquakes/ ... s_all.html
LeTiss

How can you sleep through an earthquake?

I get woken by the slightest noise
enzabella2009

I get woken by the slightest noise too but it`s a good thing, it may save your life.
LeTiss 4pm wrote:How can you sleep through an earthquake?

I get woken by the slightest noise
Iron

You should try getting to sleep when the meathead in the adjascent room is playing blaring hip hop (which
he refuses to turn down) and a loud video game!

It's character building! :lol:

I don't understand some people's fundamental objection to using headphones late at night... :evil:

Jeff
LeTiss 4pm wrote: I get woken by the slightest noise
enzabella2009

We got hit by an earthquake again...My bed was shaking while I was sleeping, luckily no damages where I live but unfortunaly people died this time..... :cry:
There was a Bomb yesterday and an earthquake this morning.....I hope they give us a break.. :cry:
enzabella2009

At 8,04UK time, the earth was shaking again. It was very scary this time. With much regret I must say that also this time there were fatalities. It was very strong and I was very afraid. I have just came back home and feel a lot of tension.... :(
Euler

Hope everything is OK there this morning. I know it's kind of weird but I have always wondered what and earthquake is like to experience. I did a field trip to the San Andreas fault last year but have never actually experienced one.
enzabella2009

The 20th of May earthquake was strong and determined. It trembled all over and very quickly. The one from yesterday had the same magnitude but moved slowly and in large blocks. There was a feeling of strong pressure on the body as if the walls were narrowing down, effecting throughout the body. The most close areas people have felt the same as if a vacuum cleaner sucking them into the house..It can really scare you to death unless you know your building was build to sustein earthquakes up to 7,2...

Return to “Trading Psychology”