capturing rtd

Discussion regarding the spreadsheet functionality of Bet Angel.
martins1116

Hi can anyone help me here pls.
I want to be able to compare prices over a few seconds to determine if a price is going in or out, and use the result in a trigger.
How do i capture a cells value at a certain point in time and record it to another cell?
Have trawled various excel forums but cant find the answer.
Really grateful if anyone can help as trying to figure it out is making my head hurt!
hordalan

Hi

Try this for a simple method:

In a cell (say C70) use =Current Back odds(Say C65)-Back odds 5 secs ago(H65)
In the cell below (C71) use IF(C70<0,"BACK",IF(C70>0,"LAY",""))

You might want to have a value more than zero in the 2nd formula to make sure the trend is real.
Also think about checking WOM as well.

Regards
Alan
martins1116

Hi - thanks for trying to help but ime still a bit stuck. Say I want to use cells H100 and H101 to record prices five seconds apart using my timer in cell F5.

in cell H100 i want the price when F5 is at 50 seconds and that price to remain in H100 when the timer moves on. In H101 i want the price when F5 is at 55.
What formula do I use in H100 and H101 to capture those prices and have them remain in the cell when the timer moves on?
TheTub

Have you looked at this?

viewtopic.php?f=31&t=2385
martins1116

Hi Tub - well yes ive looked at it but how does that achieve my goal? Sorry if ime being thick but ime not a programmer just able with standard excel functions.

If anyone can write me a bot ide be happy to pay - any offers?

Just a byline - have also posted on other software forum and am interested to see where most help comes from.
John Doe

Tub has just pointed you straight at a spreadsheet that will capture and store data once per second. I doubt you will get any further answers as he has handed you the solution on a plate.
martins1116

Hi thanks for your comment - it is my lack of knowledge thats at fault here - how do i use the info Tub has directed me to, to get the prices i want on my spreadsheet?

I have the system working all bar capturing the 2 prices to determine drifting or streaming and ime not clever enough to do it myself - have posted on people per hour to see if someone can do it for me. I dont understand vba code at all.

If someone can tell exactly how to do it that would be great - but i realise it might be asking a bit much.
martins1116

just to let you now some good response from people per hour - its a really good site to get programming help if you cant do it yourself - and not very expensive. Its amazing how many programmers they have that have worked on betangel projects.

p.s. i am in no way anything to do with them just really impressed with the service
John Doe

All you need to do is fire up Bet Angel connect the spreadsheet tub pointed you to and that's it. Nothing more complicated than that.
martins1116

Hi John - last question, how do i connect tubs sheet to the betangel trigger sheet and then create a trigger using info from tubs sheet.

Again sorry if its a dumb question but i dont know how to do it

Return to “Bet Angel - Spreadsheet / Excel chat”