Effective low risk scalping method?

The sport of kings.
hoodie07

I found this video on youtube of a guy scalping all of the horses at the same time. It doesn’t seem to involve much skill and seems low risk with acceptable results. I personally look to make around a £5 per race. I wanted to know the opinion of other traders about this sort of method?
Cheers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WSKEPxMy4gA
spreadbetting

Lot of hassle and bets for his £5, plus those open positions he let go IR could easily have gone against him. At those large odds in running doesn't take much for a green to soon become red. Just because it's a large field at a big meeting with high liquidity doesn't mean all the runners are going to be pretty much static. If you're scalping a couple of ticks they're the markets to look at but you still need to pick out your runners not use a scattergun approach.
Alpha322

hoodie07 wrote:I found this video on youtube of a guy scalping all of the horses at the same time. It doesn’t seem to involve much skill and seems low risk with acceptable results. I personally look to make around a £5 per race. I wanted to know the opinion of other traders about this sort of method?
Cheers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WSKEPxMy4gA
It is a load of hassle when you can do one horse and green up the whole field, great advice for newbies leave four positions open in play :shock: :o its bad enough leave one open, any horse can win a race, I learnt that in my early betfair days not a good advice video IMHO
mugsgame

He's a guesser - Sorry but videos like this are dangerous.

Letting positions like that go in play is very risky, you won't get caught very often, but when you do it will wipe you out. If you are risking £200 to win a fiver, you will need more than 40 good trades to get the 200 back. The law of averages will mean that a even a 40 shot will win 1 time in 40 over the long term in a efficient market such as this.

There are loads of better ways with less risk. ie In that race, if you just sat there and watched the TV, as soon as you saw McCoy with no horse a lay on the fav would have made you 6 ticks out and 5 tick back in with zero risk. Just patience and observation, and being ready to react very quickly to what your eyes are telling you.
hgodden

I can only echo what others have said here. Plus that video is from Cheltenham where the markets are more stable than normal, so other races the 'tactic' is likely to be even more risky
LeTiss

Does this guy own a rival software?

I can understand why someone like Peter Webb would post YouTube videos, because he's trying to sell BA and wants viewers to see it's advantages & capabilities.

However, if you're not selling anything why would you post a profitable strategy online? BF have eroded my edge over recent years, so there's no way I'm going to share what's left with thousands viewing on YouTube!
mugsgame

Not sure what he was using, but if he was using BA he could have done this strategy easier for sure
hoodie07

Thanks for the responses guys. What about in the higher volume races cheltenham and national as examples - as someone mentioned? Effective then?

I've looked at his channel, just seems to be an enthusiastic trader wanting to improve?

I take onboard the effort but once set up it seems to just works itself as the book moves? Taking advantage of 'mechanical' book movement?
mugsgame

Don't get seduced by this drivel.

People like this do it because they want to look good and get loads of lemmings saying complementary things about them.

All of Peter Webbs videos are demonstrating what features the software has, you won't find one of him winning £1000 on a race.

How many of this chaps videos show him losing? None I guess. Trust us, this is a disaster waiting to happen.

Concentrate on reacting to what you see. I mentioned the GN and what happened to the favs price when he was lose. The race just on at Exeter had exactly the same senario, The fav was 1.5 it went out to 1.7.
That 20 easy ticks where you could put substantial volume through at ZERO risk. When the horse is running lose his price isn't going to shorten is it? As long as you are not greedy it's not hard to make a few quid.
entireembarrass

If he was using BA, he could have executed this strategy considerably more efficiently.
word hurdle

Return to “Trading Horse racing”