Team doesn't show up

Football, Soccer - whatever you call it. It is the beautiful game.
CaerMyrddin

I'm intrigued, after some years we still face new situations.

What's betfair's policy if a team fails to be at the stadium at the scheduled time? The result will be fixed as a three nill defeat, but do the bets stand, or are voided?
CaerMyrddin

Anyone?
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

Just read through these: -

http://www.betfair.com/www/GBR/en/about ... gulations/
•References within these Rules and Regulations to a particular number of 'days' shall mean the end of the day local time after the expiry of the specified number of days. For example, if a rugby match is scheduled for the 1st of December, then the rule that allows the match to be completed within three days after the scheduled completion date (see Paragraph 3 above) would mean that the deadline for completion of that match would be 23.59:59 on the 4th of December.
Looks like it would be void. But Betfair often have curious ways of interpreting their own rules so you may be better off getting 'official' confirmation.
LeTiss

I would assume it will be voided. The 3-0 scoreline is by default, but don't quote me on this because the bookies quite often make rules as they go along
CaerMyrddin

Thank you for the replies.

I read all the aplicable rules, but it looks to me like none aplies. I'm saying this because this is not the case a game will be postponed or delayed. There are only two chances, whether the club plays a junior field or they will simply miss the game.

Bookies should protect their interest in this case, but betfair isn't playing with their own money (is it? lol), so let's see how it turns out.
CaerMyrddin

It did show up with only 8 players on the field, but this happened:

I'm having lobster today :lol:
LeTiss

Nice one Antonio, that was probably the most incredible trading tip I've ever seen on this forum
Euler

Completely missed this! What team was it?
CaerMyrddin

The graph belongs to Feirense, and the troubled team is Leiria. The game is unmanaged, so be aware you will be outrun by the guys with fast feeds.
CaerMyrddin

Heroic. Leiria only conceed at the last minute of first half.

Return to “Football trading”