Wimbledon 2012

Euler

Federer currently down a set in his match.
Euler

Federer down two sets!
cloud88111

I know there have been some topics about this before but I decided to see what I can make out of Betdaq Angel today and traded a little bit of the tennis. I don't have the final figures but from the late indication the total traded on the Federer on Betdaq was £250,000. The total on Betfair was closer to £18,000,000. I was only to get in and out of the market a couple of times, still made a profit but it was fairly meagre.

I know a few of you guys have moved over that way, even if only with part of your bank, but do any of you find it possible to make any real returns on these markets?

Personally I can't see how Betdaq make any money, what with their low commission rates and complete lack of liquidity in the majority of their markets.
Zenyatta

Interesting. Fed thinks the roof changes the conditions on grass.

"Federer’s struggle was played out under the roof, as was the final set of Rafael Nadal’s historic loss to Czech world number 100 Lukas Rosol in the second round 24 hours earlier."

"Earlier Friday even defending champion and top seed Novak Djokovic struggled in the hothouse conditions, dropping the first set to veteran Czech Radek Stepanek before reaching the last 16 in four sets."

“It does play different indoors. Obviously that’s a bit of getting used to"

Read more: Federer fears roof makes Wimbledon a lottery - Latest - New Straits Times http://www.nst.com.my/latest/federer-fe ... y-1.100140#
Euler

Serena williams touched 1.07 - Serving to stay in the tournament.
Euler

Federer in Trouble against Malisse, trading at 3.15 all the way out from 1.05. Amazing tournament this year.
uberdoo

Ferrer v del Potro

In my opinion this match can be really close, 5 setter is very possible here. The best option for this match is Over 39.5 with nice odds to play in Betway. I must try it.

Ferrer leading 4-2 in h2h, won on the grass. One match to 5 sets, in previous season in Davis Cup Final end after 5 long sets on the clay surface.

Both playing very nice in previous rounds, Ferrer lost set against grass courts veteran Roddick, who is in form. Del Potro lost sets against Haase and Soeda, but in last match against Nishikori look very strong, especially on the serve.

For me this is very close match without clear winner.
NR169

Ferrer. Very impressive today. Once he settled into his game the result came easily. His Qtr with Murray should be a cracking match. Given his win in France and this performance very hard to call.
Euler

For the sadistic amongst you!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/tennis/18683315
Euler

Well it's taken 74 years but we finally have a mens finalist.

Can you believe I won't actually be able to watch it on Sunday!
pdupre1961

It's not until Sunday (Federer vs. Murray), but I thought I'd just let every know that not in my lifetime has an underdog of Murray's ability won the Gentlemens Singles title at Wimbledon against someone of Federer's level.

So, therefore IMHO Federer will win without a shadow of a doubt in three straight sets, especially if they both play to their semi-final standard.

Lendl himself (Murray's coach) lost the final twice, once to Pat Cash who was seeded 11, when Lendl was seeded 2. However, he never won a set in either final. In my opinion Lendl was too highly seeded on grass and I expected both losses.

Connors (seeded 1) lost 1-6, 1-6, 7-5, 4-6 to Arthur Ashe (seeded 6) in 1975, but Ashe was already a Grand Slam winner. Murray is not in his league either. I seriously do not see a repeat of this shock. Ashe played brilliantly. Murray cannot play grass court tennis. Therefore hasn't got a hope.

You can see all the previous winners here.

Andy Murray's record against Federer is good, but they've never met on grass, and Federer is the king on this surface. His win against Djokovic in the semis emphasizes this fact.

Every winner I have seen and I've seen every tournament since 1974, had previous form at this level. Murray hasn't, so would need an injury to Federer to overcome the stats.
mugsgame

pdupre1961 wrote:It's not until Sunday (Federer vs. Murray), but I thought I'd just let every know that not in my lifetime has an underdog of Murray's ability won the Gentlemens Singles title at Wimbledon against someone of Federer's level.

So, therefore IMHO Federer will win without a shadow of a doubt in three straight sets, especially if they both play to their semi-final standard.

Lendl himself (Murray's coach) lost the final twice, once to Pat Cash who was seeded 11, when Lendl was seeded 2. However, he never won a set in either final. In my opinion Lendl was too highly seeded on grass and I expected both losses.

Connors (seeded 1) lost 1-6, 1-6, 7-5, 4-6 to Arthur Ashe (seeded 6) in 1975, but Ashe was already a Grand Slam winner. Murray is not in his league either. I seriously do not see a repeat of this shock. Ashe played brilliantly. Murray cannot play grass court tennis. Therefore hasn't got a hope.

You can see all the previous winners here.

Andy Murray's record against Federer is good, but they've never met on grass, and Federer is the king on this surface. His win against Djokovic in the semis emphasizes this fact.

Every winner I have seen and I've seen every tournament since 1974, had previous form at this level. Murray hasn't, so would need an injury to Federer to overcome the stats.
What you need to factor in is the "British" factor.
Diamond Jubilee, London Olympics, 1st British Male in a Wimbledon final in 74 years etc. Do not under estimate how much this will effect the match. Will Murray choke under the pressure or rise above his perceived level. How do league 2 teams beat premier league teams? If seeding and form was all it was about there wouldn't be any point turning up would there?

I approached this in a different way. Sports Personality Of The Year. I backed him pre Wimbledon and have taken a small profit already, Will leave the bulk of the bet until after the match. If he wins I expect Murray to go odds on. In Olympic years Gold medalists nearly always win, but a Wimbledon winner even someone as unpopular as Murray may sneak it.
pdupre1961

mugsgame wrote:
Diamond Jubilee, London Olympics, 1st British Male in a Wimbledon final in 74 years etc. Do not under estimate how much this will effect the match. Will Murray choke under the pressure or rise above his perceived level. How do league 2 teams beat premier league teams? If seeding and form was all it was about there wouldn't be any point turning up would there?

I approached this in a different way. Sports Personality Of The Year. I backed him pre Wimbledon and have taken a small profit already, Will leave the bulk of the bet until after the match. If he wins I expect Murray to go odds on. In Olympic years Gold medalists nearly always win, but a Wimbledon winner even someone as unpopular as Murray may sneak it.
League 2 teams never beat Premier League teams...
mugsgame

pdupre1961 wrote:
mugsgame wrote:

League 2 teams never beat Premier League teams...
I think you will find they do
pdupre1961

mugsgame wrote:
If he wins I expect Murray to go odds on. In Olympic years Gold medalists nearly always win, but a Wimbledon winner even someone as unpopular as Murray may sneak it.
Sorry, don't buy this at all. He's never even won a set in a grand slam final, and grass is his worse surface.
I'm looking at 6-1, 6-1, 6-1 to Federer. :D I was once coached by Alan Mills. Seriously, this will not even be close.

Murray's three grand slam finals:-
2008 US Open Federer wins 6-2, 7-5, 6-2
2010 Australian Federer wins 6-3, 6-4, 7-6(11)
2011 Australian Djokovic wins 6-4, 6-2, 6-3

Return to “Tennis Trading”