Wimbledon 2012

LeTiss

pdupre1961 wrote:
None of this is relevant, as I said earlier. Grand Slams are not the same as normal events, and Murray thinks grass is for cows. He much prefers hard courts.

I've NEVER known a match of this magnitude at Wimbledon to be won by someone of Murray's style of play. It just does not happen.
Both of these statements are bollocks

Murray is actually good grass court player. He's won Queens twice, and this is his 4th visit to semi-finals at Wimbledon

Agassi beating Goran in 1992 goes against your argument. Agassi never came to the net at all, yet still won

Murray's previous Slam finals are irrelevant. He's more experienced now, stronger mentally and Lendl will help him prepare. Like I said before, Federer doesn't win tight matches anymore. Federer needs to win a straight sets
pdupre1961

LeTiss 4pm wrote: Agassi beating Goran in 1992 goes against your argument. Agassi never came to the net at all, yet still won
Agassi won 8 Grand Slam titles, you think Murray is as good as Agassi. You also think Ivanisevic is as good as Federer.

No, this match is like Becker vs Lendl. Becker wins every time at Wimbledon 3-0.
Iron

Isn't that an imponderable, like asking whether Tyson in his prime would have beaten Mohammed Ali in his prime?

Jeff
pdupre1961 wrote: you think Murray is as good as Agassi.
mugsgame

Ferru123 wrote:Isn't that an imponderable, like asking whether Tyson in his prime would have beaten Mohammed Ali in his prime?

Jeff
pdupre1961 wrote: you think Murray is as good as Agassi.
It's more BS Jeff
LeTiss

I see the roof will be closed

This will definitely help Murray. It slows the conditions down, and will make the atmosphere like a Davis Cup tie. Murray is a street fighter, he loves those situations, Federer doesn't
vandaltheripper

LeTiss 4pm wrote:I see the roof will be closed

This will definitely help Murray. It slows the conditions down, and will make the atmosphere like a Davis Cup tie. Murray is a street fighter, he loves those situations, Federer doesn't
But on the other hand.. Fed is the best indoor player @ the mo...
Iron

*hands Pdupre a piece of humble pie*
pdupre1961 wrote: I'm looking at 6-1, 6-1, 6-1 to Federer.
giulio2010

I can't wait to see the Olimpics topic...
Britain will win over 100 gold medals, more then China, U.S.A. and Russia togheter...and more other over optimistic bla bla bla....
Federer did not even try harder then he is capable of...
:D :D
crossing_along

Peter Webb , it was you beside Federer father on final ?
MarketTrader

giulio2010 wrote:I can't wait to see the Olimpics topic...
Britain will win over 100 gold medals, more then China, U.S.A. and Russia togheter...and more other over optimistic bla bla bla....
Federer did not even try harder then he is capable of...
:D :D
Is there a problem with being patriotic and supporting the local sportsmen & women when playing at home in our country?

Murray played well and it was obviously emotional for him at the end. Congratulations to Federer - possibly the best player ever seen in the game.

Interesting to note that the head to head score is now 8 wins each.
Iron

If this is the guy you're referring to, I'd say no, unless Peter has lost a lot of hair recently! :lol:

http://features.rr.com/photo/04nl3My0wE ... er+Federer

There is a bit of a resemblance though. :)

Jeff
crossing_along wrote:Peter Webb , it was you beside Federer father on final ?
Groovyelms

Given the resemblance to RF I suggest thst this guy is his dad/uncle.... :idea:
SBW077

The man in that picture is Fed's agent Tony Godsick
Euler

This was my view of Wimbledon yesterday. A seat at centre court would have been nice!

Murray got off to a great start but the roof and that really long game in the third (I think) just handed the edge to Federer. Shame, but not totally unexpected. Somehow Murray needs to avoid the top three and they he may get a decent shot at a title. Federer looked good for his age.
IMG_2346 - Copy.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
LeTiss

I was interested to see the Ladies QF between Kerber & my future wife Lisicki, had nearly as much matched as the actual final. Clearly BF is still performing strongly in Germany

Return to “Tennis Trading”