Guardian for Betdaq

The purple place, the most viable alternative to the Betfair exchange
Nero Tulip

Began using betangel for betdaq seriously yesterday, I was very pleasantly surprised by the amount of liquidity going through the books. I ran, the same spreadsheets I do on Betfair, and they worked well. But as far as I can see, the guardian feature on the Betdaq version doesn't offer the same capability to have the program switch to the next market a set number of seconds before the off. Is there any chance of getting this in line with the Betfair version?

I can see a great oppotunity to add liquidity here, but I'm not going to sit here all day switching markets.
LeTiss

I agree Nero

I've have started to use Betdaq on some football markets, and have been very pleasantly surprised at the increased liquidity
andyfuller

Is it better inplay now? I used to do some comparrisons between BD and BF on the football and BD was as good if not better before the k.o. but as soon as the game started BF pulled miles ahead.

It is possible to compare the two site pretty easily using an excel spreadsheet which converts the BF amounts into the same as BD.

Any idea on the horse front - is that picking up?
PeterLe

Hi
After reading this thread, I think I will re visit Betdaq too...but agree with Nero Tulip regarding the auto switching of guardian markets...
Betangel - Is this easy to implement?
regards
Peter
By The Way - Is there any limit as to how many Betdaq accounts you can have?? Thanks
toptrader

Agree, betdaq market switching in guardian would be a quick win which enables trading to be done, otherwise not sure what betdaq guardian actually does?
TheTub

Nero Tulip wrote: I ran, the same spreadsheets I do on Betfair, and they worked well.
I would be interested to know how you did this?

I thought the Bet Angel for Betdaq spreadsheet references and instruction set had some significant differences from the Betfair product which made this impossible.

Or have you crafted some kind of conversion utility you could share?!
Saintyboy

I too would like to get my 'penneth worths in' and suggest that switching in the Betdaq guardian is a well overdue feature that would be very popular amongst the BetAngel users; do we have any indication if and when this feature may be implemented?
mugsgame

Just a quick question to Peter (Webb) or any of the BA team;

Do you have plans to shelve future development of the Betfair platform and switch resources to Betdaq? After reading through the many posts on Betfairs' lastest faux par it would be a popilar move.
Iron

I wouldn't be popular with those of us who aren't affected by the PC, and prefer to remain with Betfair... :)

Jeff
mugsgame wrote:Just a quick question to Peter (Webb) or any of the BA team;

Do you have plans to shelve future development of the Betfair platform and switch resources to Betdaq? After reading through the many posts on Betfairs' lastest faux par it would be a popilar move.
Nero Tulip

Oh goodness, this has really highlighted how far BetAngel has progressed in recent times. None of my spreadsheet strategies (some of which add some serious liquidity to multiple markets) work on the Betdaq version of BetAngel.

I seem to remember a thread somewhere regarding this, but cannot find it. The crux of it was that it takes money to develop it, where can I donate? And how quickly can we play catch up ? I'm really missing the guardian excel linking features.

Return to “Betdaq exchange”