Injuries

frustrated

Had a go at trading azerenka yesterday, made £50 from my £500 pot, i was trading set betting because i was told by bf that if theres a injury all bets are void, but not in match betting after set 1, the problem was the lay side was always a lot higher than normal, so my profits were very small. In the final set in match odds it was fine but there was the risk of injury, please can you tell me if someone pulls up all falls how quick do the odds change because most of the time they are okay anyway, i mean murry acts like hes broke his leg about ten times a match, do you have time to get out, or is it the case the odds dont change until its for certain, as the medic usuall comes out with the magic sponge for 10 mins.
LeTiss

The prices change very quickly I'm afraid. I remember a men's match from 3 or 4 years ago, the players escape me, however one of them had the trainer come out during the sit down. His injury was clearly worse than was expected, and the prices changed dramatically. Unfortunately, for those of us watching on TV, the broadcasters had gone to adverts and we couldn't see what was happening. Courtsiders absolutely cleaned up

In all fairness, following Tennis closely means keeping an eye on players injury status is key. Yesterday, Radwanska was 1.40 to beat Vinci. She lost, but has a major shoulder problem. If she was 100% fit, her price would have been 1.16
LeTiss

I'd just like to add, that injury timeouts can offer up fantastic opportunities. Invariably, this involves taking a risk on backing the injured player, especially if they have a reputation for being a fighter and very rarely retiring.

I can think of 2 classic examples. Murray vs Nieminen at Roland Garros this year, and Nadal vs Del Potro at Wimbledon last year. Both Murray and Rafa looked lame with bad injuries, their prices drifted alarmingly, yet still come back to win
frustrated

Thanks mate, that's a big help.

you could make a killing backing murray every time he pretends hes hurt lol.

Return to “Tennis Trading”