Recommended way to clear status cells

Discussion regarding the spreadsheet functionality of Bet Angel.
EyePeaSea

Any suggestions for the safest way of making multiple bets (different command/odds/stakes) on the same runner, over a period of time, by clearing cells in the Guardian multi sheet, all whilst avoiding double trades?

My code sets the 'Command', 'Odds', 'Stake' and 'Status' cells for the relevant horse row to "" (to clear out previous trades) and then puts in the new command, odds and stake. It then waits up to 5 seconds for the 'report' and then moves on.

Occasionally, I get a double trade. The odd thing is that the double trade is within a second of the first trade, not when I go back later to make a second trade on the same runner. I'm puzzled as I I don't change any other related cells, I just wait for a few seconds and occasionally (say 1 in a hundred trades) it doubles up.

Commends and suggestions welcome. Thanks. :D
EyePeaSea

Ooops. There is this an active thread here: :oops:

viewtopic.php?f=19&t=30

Clearly I was half asleep when I did a search last night. I'll check that thread and see what it says.
maycontainnuts

There are quite a few threads on the topic and a few examples in the forum.
EyePeaSea

maycontainnuts wrote:There are quite a few threads on the topic and a few examples in the forum.

For anyone that comes across this old thread via a forum search... I'm 99.98% sure that my problem was caused by high cpu and disk utilisation on my PC that runs BetAngel and my trading code. The PC runs the Database that holds my data and it was also running scenarios against millions of trading permutations all day, every day (maxing out 8 cores, 8GB RAM). I stop running the scenarios during the day and hey presto, no more double trades.

Ian

Return to “Bet Angel - Spreadsheet / Excel chat”