server addition access to Aussie tennis

Mr Undercover

Hi,

Is anyone else having trouble accessing the tennis on the Australian wallet while using the server addition?

Works fine using the normal local version on my laptop but server addition 1.32.2 (checking the tick box for ozzie wallet) software loads ok but when i sellect for example match odds the numbers never turn up.

i've reloaded the s/ware restarted etc etc.

thanks in advance
PeterLe

Hi
I was trading fine this morning on the tennis no probs on the Aus Wallet (I assume you mean on the VPS server edition too?)
Mind you; I totally cocked it up! Think i need to practice more with Tennis Trader! :(
regards
Peter
Mr Undercover

Hi Peter,

thanks for the response.

Yeah, i'm using the server vps addition. I can't figure out what the issue might be, it works fine if i use a locally installed version of betangel but my vps will log into the ossie wallet and navigate the markets for selection but when i select a market the numbers are never returned as if betfair is not responding... odd.

Surprised no one else has this issue, so must be my local config.

Any help appreciated
thanks
Euler

Have you selected 'Use Australian wallet' when you log in?
Mr Undercover

Yes of course, unfortunately it's nothing as simple as that.

I've been trading using a local version on my laptop but the server addition clearly doesn't work. I can navigate and select the market but it doesn't pull up any numbers.

Are you using the server addition on VPS and trading the Aus tennis ok.
Mr Undercover

Just some further info:

I'm user bet angel server edition v1.32.2
Ticking the "Use Australian wallet and markets"
Currency =GBP
Connection mode 0 (zero)
Live mode
ticks in the three remaining boxs.

Bet Angel loads up in the usual manner, I can select the markets on the Aus Open tennis but... the information (numbers pertaining to the market) do not appear.

If I load UK markets i.e. with the "Use Austrlian..." unticked all works perfectly ok.

Any help appreciated.
Euler

Odd, I can't re-create this? Maybe trying restarting the server, DO NOT shut it down, just restart it.
Mr Undercover

Yeah I've tried restarting several times but just get the same result.

I'd send a screen shot but I can't figure out how to do it ?
Mr Undercover

Ok, I've tried Mode = '1' as an experiment and that seems to work.

Not sure what the difference between mode 1 and 0 are? but '0' doesn't work on my VPS when logged into the Aussie wallet.
Euler

That would suggest your connection settings are wrong. When you 'talk' to AUS you can't really refresh below 300ms, it may be that your other settings are so tight that it is timing out before it gets a response from the Aussie servers.
Mr Undercover

Sounds like you're along the right lines.

I created a profile with everything set to 1sec, including refresh, guardian, everything in communicator. Logged out, and then back in with the new profile but still getting the same result.

very fustrating this, as wanted to trade the tennis today via my VPS account. Surprised no one else is having this trouble.

I guess I'll have to wait until the next release as I have a work around using mode 1 ?
Euler

I'm not aware of any reports. I have been logged in the same way for the last couple of weeks each day without a problem.

It's defo a latency issue because mode one is faster than connecting via the API. So I would filddle with the settings in the comms area. I have seperate settings for UK and AUS.
Mr Undercover

Thanks, i'll have a play in the morning and see if i can isolate what the issues is

If you can let me know approx where you have your settings or where you think the thresholds might be I'd be most grateful.

It's odd that mode 1 works though even with all the settings down at 200ms
Euler

I'm frustrated for you!

If you can't get it working it may be best that you just re-install the entire server.

Connection tuner = 5, data requests 20

M&U 250ms, P&L 350ms

FMD 10s, TV 10S.

Connection smoothing off

Refreshing at 300ms
Mr Undercover

Thanks Euler, I've been having a play and still can't get it to go.

As you say I think next step is to re-install BA, which I'll do after the Aus Open.

It might be something to do with the underlying operating system so next step beyond that will be to ask the guys to re-stall windows.

Stange this, at least I've got the mode 1 work around.

thanks again.

Return to “Tennis Trading”