Today's Horse Racing

The sport of kings.
Euler

Newbury goes ahead somehow
andy28

I have only just started watching UK race and I see at Southwell the 8.30 has finished yet the betting continues. Does this happen if there is a photo finish or maybe a protest. Sorry if this is obvious but I have no audio or pictures so have no idea what is going on.

Cheers
jamesedwards

andy28 wrote:
Tue Mar 05, 2024 7:46 pm
I have only just started watching UK race and I see at Southwell the 8.30 has finished yet the betting continues. Does this happen if there is a photo finish or maybe a protest. Sorry if this is obvious but I have no audio or pictures so have no idea what is going on.

Cheers
7.30 (UK time) there was a Stewards Enquiry. The first past the post was eventually disqualified.
andy28

Thank, I was watching the betting and noticed someone put 8k down (in play) around odds of 1.14 and left it there until it was all gone. so clearly they saw the interference. Just out of interest is this something TDP can pick up on? I am thinking sudden loss of speed or not sure if you can see sideways movement or something along those lines. If so opens up new angles, plus maybe Stewards get this data as well
jamesedwards

andy28 wrote:
Tue Mar 05, 2024 8:44 pm
Thank, I was watching the betting and noticed someone put 8k down (in play) around odds of 1.14 and left it there until it was all gone. so clearly they saw the interference. Just out of interest is this something TDP can pick up on? I am thinking sudden loss of speed or not sure if you can see sideways movement or something along those lines. If so opens up new angles, plus maybe Stewards get this data as well
TPD not accurate enough for this in my opinion.
Euler

Average field size at Leicester today just over 4
jamesedwards

Euler wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2024 11:02 am
This is the first time I've properly traded UK racing through a winter season. What a thoroughly depressing slog it's been. Abandonments, small fields, poor quality, horrible weather, swamp-like ground, spent horses, horrible injuries.

Roll on the flat season!
Euler

Yeah, I put in half effort nowadays on the winter racing, it's often a right ole slog.
ANGELS15

jamesedwards wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2024 2:26 pm
Euler wrote:
This is the first time I've properly traded UK racing through a winter season. What a thoroughly depressing slog it's been. Abandonments, small fields, poor quality, horrible weather, swamp-like ground, spent horses, horrible injuries.

Roll on the flat season!
I agree re the quality of this jumps season. But don't raise your hopes too much the flat season can sometimes be equally bad!
arbitrage16

jamesedwards wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2024 2:26 pm
Euler wrote:

Roll on the flat season!
It's up and down to be honest. Pre-race seems particularly spikey to me, but In-play continues to throw up a lot of opportunities, especially at this time of the year.
Hepburn

My automation for huntingdon didn't fire today. cant rule out my wifi going down. But has anything happened?
sionascaig

v late starts
Lynskey888

Hepburn wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2024 5:19 pm
My automation for huntingdon didn't fire today. cant rule out my wifi going down. But has anything happened?
They altered all their race times in response to the schedule changes at Cheltenham.

https://twitter.com/Huntingdon_Race/sta ... 9707536670
conduirez

Lynskey888 wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2024 5:32 pm
Hepburn wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2024 5:19 pm
They altered all their race times in response to the schedule changes at Cheltenham.

https://twitter.com/Huntingdon_Race/sta ... 9707536670
This is becoming a major issue now with off time changes, this is usually done to appease betting shops and bookmakers as a whole, to keep time between races to an even amount between events.

What is needed is for this to be cascaded down to punters electronically rather that finding out after the event as in this case. There needs to be two off times, the schedule off time, plus the rearranged off time, both will be the same if the meeting start times are unaffected.

I am very lucky that I am at home most of the time and I have inputs for start time changes which I fill in, but for the majority who work it is an absolutely terrible dilemma. However you will not get sympathy from all quarters on BA forum, a lot of forum members were rejoicing today that the times at Cheltenham changed as it will stop the Bots from working.
Diggy1884

a lot of forum members were rejoicing today that the times at Cheltenham changed as it will stop the Bots from working.
I trade manually and have zero problem with bots or the market activity hedging/bots/bookies provide!

The delays cause headaches for most of us I would suspect?

Return to “Trading Horse racing”