eightbo

Naffman wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2019 5:13 am
Every fav hammered again?
:mrgreen:
Naffman

2 faves - ah lets come for both
favs backed.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
eightbo

Ye cannee go wr0ng
eightbo

Had to take an early lunch when I discovered my cat had left me a present in the kitchen
PDC

How can Australia get their races off so close to time so much of the time while the Uk struggles to get them off less than 5 minutes late a lot of the time.

It has been good to hear Stuart Machin calling it out on RTV recently, shame some of these presenters on UK racing don't watch the Oz racing and see how it can be done.
ShaunWhite

Derek27 wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2019 5:14 am
I suspect the usual shock of the API going down this afternoon's coming up. Happens every week but it still feels odd. :lol:
And the usual compaining from people who know it happens but still act shocked.

lol yeah eightbo, i've seen that hand writted card too, I keep expecting it to turn into the Subterranean Homesick Blues vid.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Derek27

I just traded Sandown thinking it was Rosehill. :lol:
eightbo

PDC wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2019 5:39 am
How can Australia get their races off so close to time so much of the time while the Uk struggles to get them off less than 5 minutes late a lot of the time.

It has been good to hear Stuart Machin calling it out on RTV recently, shame some of these presenters on UK racing don't watch the Oz racing and see how it can be done.
It's a valid point, would make for a good email question
PDC

I have, the other night when they were doing the RTV Q&A with Nick Luck on the night Kempton was off.

Stuart was commentating on one of the tracks and brought the topic up saying 'a topic for you to discuss, why is it that in the UK so many courses are incapable of getting their races off on time and so much time is given to horses who won't load'.

Then the race was about 5 mins late off and they gave a heap of time to a horse refusing to load, eventually giving up on it.

It proved his point, it was just daft how much time was given to the horse while all the others sat in the stalls. Loading promptly is part of racing. A much stricter line needs taking on it imo, trainers aren't doing their job.

Nick Luck and his guest didn't talk about races being late off and just quickly covered horses not loading as they should.

My email wasn't touched upon.
Last edited by PDC on Sat Jun 15, 2019 5:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
eightbo

Why am I laying 1st in these conditions lol
Last edited by eightbo on Sat Jun 15, 2019 5:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Derek27

Some of us on this forum emailed what was then AtTheRaces regarding skipping group one racing in Australia for Hong Kong, putting forward valid and comprehensive points to explain their madness to them, but they still haven't understood.
PDC

Derek27 wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2019 5:54 am
Some of us on this forum emailed what was then AtTheRaces regarding skipping group one racing in Australia for Hong Kong, putting forward valid and comprehensive points to explain their madness to them, but they still haven't understood.
Tbf, they did respond back, I think it was one of the producers who got back to me and did take some action and did switch between HK and Oz but that has now gone out the window and they just show HK and ditch the Oz ever since being SSR.

I tried emailing again about it but since they have changed to SSR the old email addresses don't seem to be the ones to use.

Thankfully HK is done now until late September.
Derek27

PDC wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2019 5:58 am
Derek27 wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2019 5:54 am
Tbf, they did respond back, I think it was one of the producers who got back to me and did take some action and did switch between HK and Oz but that has now gone out the window and they just show HK and ditch the Oz ever since being SSR.

I tried emailing again about it but since they have changed to SSR the old email addresses don't seem to be the ones to use.

Thankfully HK is done now until late September.
I got a similar response but they haven't really got the message that a $2M group one race is more important than a dog race in HK, hence, they've reverted to their old practice.
eightbo

Might it be that they don't have the rights to AUS tracks? Perhaps there's not enough demand to justify what they'd cost.
PDC

eightbo wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2019 6:20 am
Might it be that they don't have the rights to AUS tracks? Perhaps there's not enough demand to justify what they'd cost.
Guessing you don't watch SSR for the Oz racing then, what happens is they show the Oz racing then when cut to HK only when it is on about 45 mins before the first HK race. You just get paddock shots and horses being washed off a lot of the time with no presentation from HK.

It is a scheduling/producing issue not rights.

Return to “Trading Horse racing”