starting time discrepancies

corbus

searched all tennis matches with "match odds" criteria and then pulled them all into Guardian like I do most days since quite a while. This time, oddly enough, they'd all start at 16:00. I went to Betfair.com, searched all the games of the day and surely didn't all start at 16:00... so for example according to betfair "Jovanovich v Petkovic" starts at 22:00 and in the Guardian it starts at 16:00. with a screen shot it would be easily demonstrated, but in this message a screen shot cannot be imported (is this so?), it doesn't work for me anyway.
as I have organised myself with an authomatic excel workbook, this way it triggers at the guardian time and surely it can't be right, then it doesn't trigger any more. I've seen this some other time but in isolated cases.... today it is unworkeable.
Anybody knows the solution?
thanks
gutuami

under submit button there's a <tab> next to options which states: upload attachment
Euler

All mine and set to 14:00

We will look into it and see what the problem is. Most likely an error with Betfair API by the look of it.
6thSense
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

I think this may have been a temporary glitch whilst the organisers were confirming start times. They probably set them all to 2pm getting this information.

It all looks ok now.

Betfair website reports:
Jovanovich v Petkovic
2013-03-19 15:45 US/Eastern (GMT-4.00)
2013-03-19 19:45 Europe/London (GMT+0.00

Which is the same in Guardian.

Although as this is the last game in the Grandstand times can vary if the preceding match over-runs.
corbus

Since this morning Betfair changed completely their site's outlook, for the better I think. So I reloaded the matches into Guardian and now they seem sinchronized ok, only there are 2 hours difference all over with the times in my Guardian, but that depends on where one is located.

cheers
corbus

I checked the box to be informed of a posting on this topic, but surely I don't need to be informed of MY OWN posting... it's not a big problem but I think a little brick added to the wall if fixed...

cheers
corbus

By the way, does anybody know whether it is possible to search for today's tennis matches rather than using the "match odds" which gives all matches scheduled as a result, and one does not know on which day they will take place... (this is a little drawback of the tennis matches: no date like you have for example on horse races)

appreciate ane help
cirio

Return to “Tennis Trading”