Farcical!!! - Manipulation of Betfair odds

The sport of kings.
Zenyatta

rhysmr2 wrote:I wish I did put a straight bet on Rip van winkle, I ended up £60 down on that race, I don't know how people trade these big meetings, the market just seemed to get pushed around in no particular trend.
'Rip Van Winkle' went out to a price of 65 In-Play you know. That should be telling you something big about how to win In-Play.
PeterLe

LeTiss 4pm wrote:Is there anyway of perhaps arbing with the bookies?

If this guy smashes into a price you could back it within an instant with a bookmaker and just lay the same selection on BF for a decent arb?

Unless of course, I'm misunderstanding this fellas tactics
Hi
In a similar theme; Rather than arb against a bookie, has anyone monitored the prices against betdaq? I created a BOT sometime ago that monitored the betfair price in relation to the odds on offer at Betdaq..(it was profitable overall but given I only had one account, I dropped this idea in favour of more profitable strategy).

I remember that at the time I was running this, it was very clear that others were doing exactly the same (I didnt want to use large stakes in case I got caught out)..

Maybe worthwhile looking at again?
Any thoughts anyone?
Thanks
Peter
gutuami

Hi to everybody. At the beginning of July we had a Sunday which impressed me with so called BIG BACKer. I made a screenshot of that day for a later study. It was a 2mile at Limeric. Today I logged into my fracsoft account to get that card. To my surprise it was not there. The last screenshot on this thread is 18th of August but this day is not yet on Fracsoft. At the moment available is 16th of August. So I went further with Beverley 11th of August. Again surprise. It's not there. Well let's try Goodwood July 31st. Guess what... it's not there. In the end, not all the races listed here as manipulated are on fracsoft. Just an observation.. ;) Waiting for August 18th.
I'll post last 4 with screenshots of fracsoft available races menu. Some of the screenshots I took from earlier posts of this thread.
http://i37.tinypic.com/2duq8y.png

PS Does BIG BACKer pay fracsoft not to log races he is playing with :?:
LeTiss

gutuami wrote:Hi to everybody. At the beginning of July we had a Sunday which impressed me with so called BIG BACKer. I made a screenshot of that day for a later study. It was a 2mile at Limeric. Today I logged into my fracsoft account to get that card. To my surprise it was not there. The last screenshot on this thread is 18th of August but this day is not yet on Fracsoft. At the moment available is 16th of August. So I went further with Beverley 11th of August. Again surprise. It's not there. Well let's try Goodwood July 31st. Guess what... it's not there. In the end, not all the races listed here as manipulated are on fracsoft. Just an observation.. ;) Waiting for August 18th.
I'll post last 4 with screenshots of fracsoft available races menu. Some of the screenshots I took from earlier posts of this thread.
http://i37.tinypic.com/2duq8y.png

PS Does BIG BACKer pay fracsoft not to log races he is playing with :?:
Just out of interest, do you find using fracsoft is worth the money?

Do you pay for every market you download, or do you pay for a subscription to fracsoft?
gutuami

http://www.fracsoft.com/index.php?optio ... Itemid=111

you pay for what you download.. like 59p for 6-7 races of a particular meeting. Worth it or not you decide..
LeTiss

gutuami wrote:http://www.fracsoft.com/index.php?optio ... Itemid=111

you pay for what you download.. like 59p for 6-7 races of a particular meeting. Worth it or not you decide..
59p per race, or 59p in total for 6 races at a meeting?
hgodden

LeTiss 4pm wrote:
gutuami wrote:http://www.fracsoft.com/index.php?optio ... Itemid=111

59p per race, or 59p in total for 6 races at a meeting?
Its 59p in total for the 6 races

Gutuami I've watched races on Fractsoft where the big backer has been playing so I don't think he's paying them off myself ;) Occassionally races are missing from there, but also make sure you update your market cache manually on Fractsoft as often it wont do it properly automatically
gutuami

Occassionally races are missing, but why the ones I'am interested in? Can you find the ones I mentioned in previous post.
Imagine that you have a flag right to your bf account ID. Flag = 1 trader, 0 punter. If you're a trader you will always close your position. Now imagine someone is having a clear picture of all traders' open positions.
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

We have a lot of users that set up a spreadsheet to collect data so you may want to do the same. You get a couple of hundred races a week so it quickly adds into a useful database.
hgodden

gutuami wrote: Imagine that you have a flag right to your bf account ID. Flag = 1 trader, 0 punter. If you're a trader you will always close your position. Now imagine someone is having a clear picture of all traders' open positions.
]

Interesting thought, I've considered this before myself but don't think this has anything to do with Fractsoft, they only provide the data, and unless Im missing something I dont think there is anything to gain by witholding data from races where the bombers is involved. I'll have a look later to see if those races are available, I don't want to do it now as Fractsoft software has a habit of messing up my PC!
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

Here is an image from last night.
100819 - Killarney - Manipulator.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

£275k of £384k was on just this one runner so I started to wonder if this guy isn't manipulating but laundering? Would explain why positions are not been closed at the off?
andyfuller

Never really understand how the laundering would work between accounts as there is a paper trail?

I could understand if they were backing with the bookies and lying off on BF. Not a topic I know much about as the only money laundering I have ever done is when I left a tenner in my jeans and then washed them :lol:
hgodden

Interesting theory but aren't betfair really hot on money laundering? Maybe he's spreading risk across other runners surreptiously, i.e. if there appears that he has laid 10k more than backed then perhaps instead of trying to back another 10k on that horse he's laid all the other runners enough to make up the deficit? Just thinking aloud, its probably nothing like that. Could just be a rich lunatic having fun trying to trade
hgodden

Gutuami, the races are missing, looks like I spoke too soon you're not crazy after all! Might be a good idea to check your breaks ;)

Return to “Trading Horse racing”