Farcical!!! - Manipulation of Betfair odds

The sport of kings.
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

13:45 Kudu Country 2.7's before he dropped the orders, then he quickly switched to Worth A Kings at 7's.

The trouble is, he is so easy to spot he can't expect to do well if he sticks out like a sore thumb. I can see it so easily and quickly now.
andyfuller

Seems to me that plenty can't spot it as quickly though - I think at the moment he is doing very well from it still
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

Seen him a few times, but again on the 19:20 at Wolvs, Lady of Akita. So obvious and the underlying strategy is obvious.
andyfuller

Had to laugh at this one just now:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
andyfuller

Just before the off they popped up with £70k on the fav :lol:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Krzysztof

It looked pretty much genuine. Got matched few thousands and nothing happened, they were still waiting to get matched. After that price came in.
andyfuller

Looks like they were trying to get on again ;)
Krzysztof

He really wanted to get matched (it's in USD). Seemed as a pure back bet. Took the order for a second to let it drift a little then again hit to get matched, but only few thousands.

Horse Lisahane Bog at Lingfield 13:30 today 6th Dec, won.

--

I see Andy was faster ;)
LeTiss

When you're throwing money like that into the pot, there's a ceiling of what you can realistically make through trading. You'll never get those figures matched both sides on all markets. If they're prepared to go 'in play' then fair enough, but they'll get wiped out eventually
andyfuller

Krzysztof wrote:He really wanted to get matched
There is absolutely nothing real about these orders mate he wanted the complete opposite of what you say - he didn't want matching in the slightest, at least not on his big order ;)
to75ne

i wish he would clear off. personally i find him to be like a fly buzzing about; bleeding anoying.
andyfuller

I did at first now I have learnt to embrace him - it is just another of the many changes you see in the markets and you need to learn to adopt a strategy that is to your benefit when he shows up.
to75ne

"I did at first now I have learnt to embrace him"

thats very polite way of shafting him andy. lol
Krzysztof

I remember almost exactly how it was. Price was around 6.2 with few hundred max I believe. In that moment he hit 6.0. Market reacted fast and price dropped to 5.7-5.8, then marked decided to test that big amount getting closer to it. Then money dissapeared - price shot out to something like 6.4-6.6 and he smahed it back to 6.0. After that market 'felt' like they are real and came in. People wanted to get matched often do that I believe - I mean take off an order just to place it again the same place - hoping that price will rebound a little and they will have chance to get matched price they want. There is a possibility that it was someone with real money particularly that horse won.
andyfuller

Sorry but I 100% disagree that money was in the slightest real. The money entered the market and the price reacted as you would expect. He then removes it and the price reacted as expected. The exact moment it was removed coincided with the exact same moment a little of his money was matched. He made no effort whatsoever to get his order matched he didn't drop his order in an attempt to get it matched, he didn't take it i/r and most of all just look at the amount they are using and not just on the one race it is happening time and time again. That alone should be making you realise it is not in the slightest real!

When was the last time you ever saw one of these 'real' bets that have been highlighted on this thread ever actually be matched? When anyone does take them on their money vanishes. They are constantly moved to ensure they don't get matched.

Just have a think about it yourself - if you were trying to get £70k on on a Sunday afternoon would you do it by offering it upto the market at the current price in one big chunk!

Return to “Trading Horse racing”