Strategy Waves

Learn sports betting strategies and discuss key factors to consider when placing a bet.
LinusP

Hi,

I seem to have a strategy that tends to move in a wave in regards to its profit. Is there any problems in waiting for it to reach the top of its wave and stopping it?

So for example it reached £12 today after 5 races but has now slowly moved down to £5 (this has been happening for the past week via automation) So does anyone else have something similar and just take the profit when it reaches a set value?

Will be interested to hear anyone else's thoughts.
freddy

Just my opinion of cause, but having a daily target and stopping when you hit it doesn't really make much sense to me.

Yes you will have times where you stopping for the day avoids some later losses.
but also the reverse will be true and somedays you will miss out on a load of winners by stopping.

so really no benefit that i can see, unless of cause you can identify times of the day where your method is profitable against times where it is not.

that would be a different matter ;)
LinusP

I see what you mean, after running it a bit longer it seems as though it is tending towards zero :roll:

I think I just need to do some more work on finding out why it works on some races and not on others....

Return to “Betfair trading strategies”