Ashes 2013

T20, IPL, Test matches or the Ashes, discuss it here.
LeTiss

Yes, I remember him Andy :lol:

I think the guy actually had his own blog, and after paying for his wedding, he embarked on trying to turn £100 into £100k

I'm not sure if it all went tits up though because he disappeared.

That must have been 2006/2007 - back in the days when BF were trying to encourage traders & even had their own travelling education team. I met Scott Ferguson at Brighton racecourse through their educational events - it's amazing how the company have changed in that time :cry:
andyfuller

Found the blog - looks like it hasn't been used for years bar a post trying to get you through an affiliate link.

Might be worth a read for cricket traders, may not as well:

http://thebetfairtrader.blogspot.co.uk/ ... ng_01.html
LeTiss

That's a good read
Obviously those were pre-PC days!

Having a blog must be bloody tiresome & time consuming, I assume these were 2 reasons behind the retirement of Leon the Fixer
andyfuller

Sure you know, I was Leon (not sure from your post). That was partly the reason but it was mainly for the abuse I was getting for some reason :?

I am actually thinking of starting a new one up, but this time about my Financial Trading. The reason being that I felt it helped me a lot with my Betfair trading when I was starting out. Getting things down in words just seemed to help clarify things in my mind.

How's the cricket looking today?
LeTiss

Cricket is nicely poised, England have drifted this morning, but Australia still have some serious batting to do. An early wicket could see a big swing towards England

Yes, I knew you were Leon, that's why I mentioned it (reading my post again, I didn't make that clear)
dmbusa

In two minds which way to go today, I'm just a few miles from the ground and we have not a cloud in teh sky but lots of wind, so if it is the same there could make it an interesting day's cricket :)
gazuty

Australia bats deep. If sun, Australia makes runs. If clouds, England takes wickets.

Prediction, Australia small innings lead, England big second innings. Australia crumbles in fourth innings.

I wish it wasn't so but that is what I fear.
andyfuller

dmbusa wrote:I'm just a few miles from the ground
Where in Notts are you? Are you County or Forest? :)
dmbusa

I am visiting for work at the moment, near the power station on the a453, I actually live in Wolves :oops:
andyfuller

dmbusa wrote:I am visiting for work at the moment, near the power station on the a453
You are quite literally just down the road from me!

Shame they have closed the golf course at the Power Station, would be a nice day for a round today! Are you working at the Power Station or on the A453 expansion?

Small world!
dmbusa

Neither I am inspecting properties that the company owns and rent out in the area, yes it would be a good day for a round of golf
dmbusa

Well I got it wrong this morning really thought that Australia would bat well this morning :(
gazuty

gazuty wrote:Australia bats deep. If sun, Australia makes runs. If clouds, England takes wickets.

Prediction, Australia small innings lead, England big second innings. Australia crumbles in fourth innings.

I wish it wasn't so but that is what I fear.
Small innings lead prediction in tatters. Australia bats deep, as a puddle on a motorway in the sun .....

Was hoping for a much tighter contest.
dmbusa

gazuty wrote:
Small innings lead prediction in tatters. Australia bats deep, as a puddle on a motorway in the sun .....

Was hoping for a much tighter contest.

Same here but only from a trading point of view
LeTiss

I'm not trying to wind any Aussies up here, but this is going to be a very painful Ashes series if Australia continue to bat like this :o

Return to “Betfair Cricket trading”