U.S Open 2013

Euler

Just debating myself what to do.
Redhead

Me too, my gut feeling tells me Gasquet's the value now for a market move, he's kept his head pretty well and if a couple of those backhands hit the lines he could go a break infront and his price would collapse. I'm going to watch for a bit as I feel Ferrer is still going to win. So when your not clear in your mind, hold fire.
Euler

Ferrer is the better player and Gasquet has to be a bit defensive and/or go for the shots, so I'll hold off till 4-4 if I do anything at all.
Redhead

Big Hold by Gasquet there to make it 2-1, you could see at 40-A, when he took the ball off the ball boy his head was dropping but at the end of the game he gave Ferrer a cheeky nod.

I'm not going to play this final set, my only decision is to hedge or not to hedge.
Redhead

:D :D :D I should have listened to my gut.
Redhead

Fair play to Gasquet, in my opinion he kept his head well through the whole match, he tanked the 4th set to keep his energy for the 5th, a master-stroke really, im watching the post match interview he's just admitted he's tired after two 5-setters and that bodes well for Nadal (if he beats Robredo).
Euler

Nadal thrashed Robredo, 1.07 was way too big!
kelpie

Onwards to Murray v Wawrinka

I love gow Murray plays in Dr Martens. That's a gut who's starting not to give a fuck about anyone
Euler

Murray looks unsettled in this first set.
Euler

Murray a set and racquet down!
Euler

In big trouble now.
Euler

Murray double faults to to hand Stan the advantage in the third set. Looks like I'll lose money on this one.
Euler

Murray out, well played Wawrinka
Redhead

Wawrinka did play well and Murray was terrible by all accounts, i'm glad I decided to swerve yesterdays matches.

Onto the woman's semi's today and the first match up brings us the resurgent Flavia Pennetta who's yet to drop a set against Victoria Azarenka who's played 8 sets in her last three matches. My stats are telling me Vika's to strong but the way Pennetta's got better and better as the tournament has gone on has really impressed me, she's looked good serving and at the net, solid in defence, good use of the court theres not too much weakness in her game right now. But the most important thing with Flavia is that she's very confident and believes this is her time, she enjoys the conditions here in New York and over 5.0 is a cracking place to start, i'm not saying she'll win but she should trade lower.
Azarenka has not been playing well but is here in the semi's, that is a sign of a champion someone who finds a way to win even when there off there game. Her serve has let her down, as it has consistently this hard court season but she still won the tournament in Cincinnati and is in the semi's here. Her focus seems to be missing and comes back in spurts during games but I guess again it's credit to her she can still win. I'd love a Pennetta win but I feel Vika's power should be too much for Pennetta in the end and i'm sure she's looking forward to beating up Serena again (like she did in Cincinnati) in the final.

I'll try and preview Williams and Li before the start of there game.
mdh2k11

Any ideas about the massive spike in the Vika price?! Thought there must have been some kind of injury scare but price has come back down... or maybe someone really fancies Flavia for the upset?!

Return to “Tennis Trading”