Betdaq volume monitoring thread

The purple place, the most viable alternative to the Betfair exchange
Euler

oscar123 wrote:Pre race, or pre event trading doesnt seem to be as popular as it once was loooking around. Everyone seems to be obsessed with in running and back to lay etc. Which is strange, as you would have thought that pre race trading is about as level a playing field as you can get, ive never understood the obsession with in running, unless you are the man with the fastest pictures.
I'm in broad agreement with that. Unless you have an specific edge I don't see where you will get it in-play.

I actually think that Betfair are pinning the hopes of the exchange on inplay. If you think about it, if they let somebody get away with murder in play they get 60% of it. If they make the markets fairer not only will that money be more equally distributed but it will be easier for competitors to copy it and seed their own markets. If Betfair ensure the field is very unlevel they will most likely keep the liquidity inplay. But that more or less dictates that you will never be able to make money on it. It also leads to the situation where Betfair have a vested interest in ensure the vast majority or in-play punters are net losers.
andyfuller

Got finished on my other work early so thought I would have a quick look at Betdaq given all the posts today about it. Even on a Monday it is perfectly tradeable. Plenty of money available pre-race.

Not the greatest result anyone has ever made but just to show it is perfectly possible to scalp on a miserable Monday pre-race:
2016_01_11 - Betdaq Pre Race Scalping.png
All achieved using sub £100 stakes so perfectly suitable for a beginner to trading with a small bank.

Oh and best of all...Just 2.17% commission so I kept £21.68 v on Betfair I would have just kept £8.86 :!:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
bmz4

Euler wrote:Biggest problem Betdaq face is apathy from Betfair users. Despite all the improvements made and the substantial investment we put into the software, we have less users than two years ago. This is what puts us off adopting more exchanges, it's a loss making exercise.

Use Betfair but stick a few quid on Betdaq as well! Especially with the automation.
One of the biggest problems in betdaq must be, that they have a long list of banned countries. And they are banning more - as they banned Finland where i live, and few other countries a year ago. I had to go back to Betfair because of that.
andrejt

bmz4 wrote: One of the biggest problems in betdaq must be, that they have a long list of banned countries. And they are banning more - as they banned Finland where i live, and few other countries a year ago. I had to go back to Betfair because of that.
Agree. My country is also banned, so I have to stick to BF :x

Any plans for letting more countries in, Peter?
DavDvo

The same for Czech republic. I do only automated trading and I play with decent bank every day and I would love to expand to Betdaq.
But I can't....
Euler

Early markets are strong today and some quality at Leopardstown should see a good day today on Betdaq.
andyfuller

I have found Betdaq terrible to trade recently tbh. Probably just me but the market seems to have changed to me.
Euler

I'm going great guns today
Euler

Probably an element of seasonality at the moment as well?
andyfuller

Another disappointing Saturday on Betdaq for me. I suspect the poor results are just me not trading very well but the markets on there do some a bit different.

It is interesting having both the Betfair and the Betdaq markets open and seeing all the money vanish from the Betdaq market when Betfair is turned in play - gives a good idea of how much (or little, perhaps that should be) is non automated money.

Think I will take a few Saturday's off and enjoy my weekend instead not long until Cheltenham now and I am expecting that to be good on Betdaq.
Euler

I did OK today, could have done better but had a couple of bad races.
Euler

API looked shagged on 13:50, cost me a few quid there
oscar123

Gone down completely here, cant get onto main site either.
oscar123

Seems to be ok again now.
Euler

33% in the first at Fairyhouse today, looks interesting.

Return to “Betdaq exchange”