Betdaq volume monitoring thread

The purple place, the most viable alternative to the Betfair exchange
Bear's The Name

Well, yesterday I took the plunge and gave Betdaq a try using BetAngel.

I'm not a trader, more a recreational punter with a very busy life who likes to use Guardian to automate a few betting strategies. These are based on making offers, so the 2% offer really is too good to miss.

How did I get on? Well, all of my horse racing bets were placed just as I'd like them to be, and I did not pay more than 2% on any of them. The UK and Irish markets are both strong enough for what I do. Hopefully my relatively small contributions are all helping with the liquidity.

Football correct scores did not go so well - the markets don't reform quickly enough on all but the most major games to support my strategy. It is OK for a Champions League match/ big Sunday SKY game - less so for say an average Serie A game. Perhaps this will improve.

It's a promising start, though, and hopefully my putting a modest amount through the API will support the continuation of a Bet Angel for BETDAQ product.

NB: One thing that would be useful in the BETDAQ product would be a KEEP ALL rule which doesn't seem to be there at present. I use this in horse racing occasionally on BETDAQ due to the absence of SP.
Euler

Bear's The Name wrote:NB: One thing that would be useful in the BETDAQ product would be a KEEP ALL rule which doesn't seem to be there at present. I use this in horse racing occasionally on BETDAQ due to the absence of SP.
If you go to settings/behaviour/ you will see the 'unmatched bets' area where you can decide what Betdaq does with unmatched bets.

Betdaq's keep option works a little differently from what you are used to.
Bear's The Name

Ah, thank-you! Found that. Will give it a go today :)
LinusP

Finally got a reply regarding the possibility of a json api..

:roll:
Hi Liam,

Our helpdesk passed on your query.

There are no current plans for us to update our public API to json in the immediate future. We are however planning on investing in improving our API this year and are always open to feedback to what customers would like to see in it.

Is there anything in particular you would like to see added to our API?

Push API is one of the major ones we are planning on implementing.

Kind Regards,

The BETDAQ API Team

---------- Forwarded message ----------

Hi,

I have noticed that your website is now pointing at a json api, does this mean that the public API will be updated to json soon?

Thanks,

Liam
Emmson

Introduction of 2 Step Authentication might be an encouragement to attract new customers especially those with Big Betting Banks.

I see on Alexa 31% of traffic is from India so its a surprise the cricket markets are so lifeless over there.
timgo

Surprised no one has mentioned the Betdaq numbers in Ladbrokes 2015 results presentation. Full year revenues were up 0.8% from £13.2m to £13.3m, but down 1.5% YoY comparing the last six months of the year, and down 12% Q4 2014 vs. Q4 2015.

Last year they said the business had finally reached break even in 2014, so now they've started paying UK Point of Consumption tax (£1.5m?) and with no revenue growth they must be losing money again. If the merger with Coral completes in the summer they're going to be looking across both companies for costs to cut. I'm pessimistic.
Euler

Betdaq has been pretty strong this week at Cheltenham. Touching £1m a race and up to 25% of Betfair's numbers.
Dallas

Euler wrote:Betdaq has been pretty strong this week at Cheltenham. Touching £1m a race and up to 25% of Betfair's numbers.
How are this years volumes comparing to last so far?
Euler

I don't have any direct comparisons but much higher on the stuff I can patch together. I'm using a different metric for the last 9 months or so.
andyfuller

I have found Betdaq good this week. Plenty of volume.

Slight worry in the first today that I was getting terrible bet retrieval responses in the final 5mins or so before the off - I really hope that doesn't keep up through the day as I had to exit the market early as I had no idea what orders were being matched and weren't.

It was definately a Betdaq API issue and not a local issue.
megarain

The Betdaq people in the boxes, said the exchange is now profitable.
andyfuller

Until they got the bar bill :lol:

That's good to hear
Naffman

Did it again on the second race :?
aperson

Really frustrating day for them to be having problems. My ladders keep on centering without me asking them to. Don't know if that's at Betdaq's end but could cause me to put a bet on at a stupid price if it happens at the same moment as placing a bet.
andyfuller

Naffman wrote:Did it again on the second race :?
Yes - seems to get worse nearer the off. Then once the race is over it goes back to normal. Then switched to the next race and it was back to issues. :x

Return to “Betdaq exchange”