What's Your Stress Relief for a Nasty Bad Trade

A place to discuss anything.
switesh

An open topic to hear what traders do to relieve stress from a bad trade (I mean a really bad trade, or a series of them) - one's that burn-n-suck the last positive & happy thought from your head.
Lord Voldemort! :evil:

I've had several urges to sock my $3000 laptop (right next to my quad screen setup).

So far I've tried cold shower full-flush, big slap across the face.

Occasionally, Mozart's piano concerto in C major 2nd mvmt helps.

What's your stress relief ritual?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
dmbusa

Having had a series of trades go bad and reducing bank by 75% in the last 2 days there are several cups and plates that need to be replaced :cry:
to75ne

just walk away - go down the pub - get out go for a walk - just get away - have a couple of pints and try to forget it.

or if you a cat or a wife you could try kicking them - might help - - seriously just get away
Golfer

Beer and/or time....

Revenge/stress trading has been expensive over the years! Difficulty is picking up on the signals early enough.
mugsgame

Take each trade as it comes. They should not effect each other or effect you're mood or mindset. If they do you will fail.

You can be annoyed :) But if it's makes any difference to the judgement stop trading for the rest of the day.

It took me a long time to get to this position and it was not easy.
LeTiss

I'm less affected by bad trades than in days gone by.

However, it's still very annoying, and a red screen can create negative emotions. Negativity is almost as destructive as alcohol when it comes to trading, due to your mind invariably lacking clarity

I live in Ocean Village, Southampton. It sits on a pleasant marina, so I tend to grab my coat and go for a 10 minute walk around the block. I find it clears my head, and watching the water & the boats restores a degree of serenity to me.

Of course, what works for me won't necessarily work for someone else. However, the subject is an important one, as psychology is a critical aspect of this game. It truly is the difference between success and failure for many
gutuami

it depends how you made that trade or string of trades. If I know that I did everything I could than it does not affect me at all. If however it was because of a stupid mistake than it's more or less getting to you. So I'll skip one or two markets. That's around 15min and you're back on track. If it repeats I just call it a day and go to play tennis.
redtra

i go and chop some wood for the range...i have a mountain of it now!!
redtra

switesh wrote:
Occasionally, Mozart's piano concerto in C major 2nd mvmt helps.
Had a feeling you love Mozart Switesh!
LeTiss

A few years back I used to masturbate, but after a bad run of results I got fed up with people asking me if my pants were too tight
LinusP

mugsgame wrote:Take each trade as it comes. They should not effect each other or effect you're mood or mindset. If they do you will fail.
Exactly. You have to lose money to make money in this game.
Iron

switesh wrote:An open topic to hear what traders do to relieve stress from a bad trade (I mean a really bad trade, or a series of them) - one's that burn-n-suck the last positive & happy thought from your head.
Lord Voldemort! :evil:
Get a punch bag! :)

Seriously, ask yourself whether the losses were caused by you doing anything wrong. If they were, learn from your mistakes. If they weren't, don't worry about it - sometimes the market deals you a bad series of hands, and there's nothing you can do about it except plug away and trust in your edge.

Jeff
Iron

PS Switesh - See the graph at http://www.betangel.com/blog_wp/2013/11 ... um=twitter

You're not the only person to experience drawdowns; it's part of the game... :)

Jeff
marko236

Aslong as i put 100% into my trade, i dont mind if it goes wrong.

I only get pissed if i jump into a trade without thinking about it and then i lose.

Aslong as your putting 100% in, everything should be ok in the long run.
THENUTS

LeTiss wrote:A few years back I used to masturbate, but after a bad run of results I got fed up with people asking me if my pants were too tight
I used to watch " live at the apollo ". Now i just browse the forum. Miles funnier

Return to “General discussion”