Fun way to trade

A place to discuss anything.
marko236

Hi,

Is trading fun?? for most people it's a big NO.

It's god dam boring :|

Just been trying different ways to make it more fun just like gambling.

For example, you look at a team in football that you fancy to win, lets say they check the odds with bookies and the team is priced at 1.74 and on betfair its priced at 2.0 so your more than happy to bet £10 at betfair giving you a return of £10 profit minus commision giving you a lot more profit than the bookies are willing to pay.

On to the trading part and the the type of thing betfair should try to get out to potentual customers.

Your happy to bet on the team at 2.0 for £10 but your also willing to trade the bet if it goes down to say 1.94 odds and laying it for £5 and giving you a bet as follows:

£10 back at 2.0 = £10 profit
£5 lay at 1.94 = £4.70 loss

If your team wins you get a profit of £5.30, and at the bookies you would only get £3.70 profit which is a massive % difference to the bookies.

I know i will get shoot down by you traders, but i think it's a good way to get people in that just want to have fun, and i feel it's a good way to expand customers into trading.
to75ne

not quite sure what your point is.

if you (or anybody for that matter) find trading boring, do you really think its a good idea to trade?
marko236

It's maybe a good idea to trade if you make good money from it, but it is boring.

I'm getting good at it but theres no way i'm doing it for a living, i'd end up the most bored man on planet earth.

2 hours a day thats me done :D
Iron

Whilst that is a rhetorical question, I would answer 'Yes'.

If you find trading boring, it possibly means that you're using a mechanical, low risk approach, which doesn't involve much thinking or much risk.

I'm reminded of a Forex system I bought years ago, which advised its readers:

'Trading is boring - Keep it that way!'.

Jeff
to75ne wrote: if you (or anybody for that matter) find trading boring, do you really think its a good idea to trade?
Iron

marko236 wrote: I'm getting good at it but theres no way i'm doing it for a living, i'd end up the most bored man on planet earth.
Try listening to some music or watching TV whilst trading - it might make the time pass more quickly. :)

Jeff
marko236

Ferru123 wrote:Whilst that is a rhetorical question, I would answer 'Yes'.

If you find trading boring, it possibly means that you're using a mechanical, low risk approach, which doesn't involve much thinking or much risk.

I'm reminded of a Forex system I bought years ago, which advised its readers:

'Trading is boring - Keep it that way!'.

Jeff
to75ne wrote: if you (or anybody for that matter) find trading boring, do you really think its a good idea to trade?
Your right Jeff thats how i trade.

It goes like this: wait wait wait wait half an hour later still waiting, 1 hour gone yes 1 trade done eyes sore brain damaged! :D
Iron

I'm all for 'less is more' when it comes to trading, but doing one trade an hour strikes me as being a bit over-fussy and waiting for the near-perfect setup! :)

Jeff
marko236 wrote: It goes like this: wait wait wait wait half an hour later still waiting, 1 hour gone yes 1 trade done eyes sore brain damaged! :D
marko236

Yes keep telling myself to be a bit more risky, when the big numbers get in front of me i hide on the other side.

I'v done about 30 odd trades in the last two weeks and all have been winners but the profit i make for the time i'm trading is kinda poor.

The big boys with the money are controling what i do.
Iron

It's better to be over-cautious than not cautious enough, and what you're doing is obviously working, but are you sure that there aren't other places where you can find the setup you use (or something similar)?

Jeff
marko236

I'm kinda like Forrest Gump, Jeff.

Do you mean different sports? I do football but i aint going near Horse racing again! not for a while anyway thats not boring its god dam crazy the way that market moves.
marko236

Anyway this is a topic on how to make trading fun!

Any ideas even if they might not make money, at the end of the day life is about having a good time.

Post your wildest ideas, funny ones would be welcome.
Iron

marko236 wrote:I'm kinda like Forrest Gump, Jeff.
You see life as being like a box of chocolates? :)
marko236 wrote:Do you mean different sports? I do football but i aint going near Horse racing again! not for a while anyway thats not boring its god dam crazy the way that market moves.
Fair enough! :lol:

Jeff
marko236

You see life as being like a box of chocolates? :)

Yes i do :D

You don't know whats coming next.
burdo77

I do agree with one of the previous comments, that u probably stop trading if u find it boring.

Gambling and trading are two completely different things which are not differentiated enough. Trading is complete control of ur inhibitions, i.e not
sir-coming to our natural born tendencies to be risk takers by actions such as gambling.
PeterLe

Andy Fuller once posted: "Since when is making Money Boring"..and I think he was spot on! :D

Return to “General discussion”