Fun way to trade

A place to discuss anything.
mugsgame

I am bored stiff. I hate what I do. But........
Been looking for a job lately. There is absolutely nothing close to the earning power am used to. Until I can replace the trading with a meaningful job with acceptable pay I will carry on being bored. I spent 15 years on a production line in a car factory. I know what boredom feels like. To say you won't trade cos it's boring is complete bollocks.
If you say " I won't trade because it's boring and I lose money (or make very little money) that's a different story altogether. get back to the bookies with the other "recreational" bettors. :shock:

Let's be honest. very few people have employment where they are not bored to some extent. very few lucky people have jobs they love to do.
However much I moan and gripe about trading/Betfair. I have had an incredible standard of living for close to 8 years. I am certainly not complaining (much) :)
jimrobo

I rarely get bored watching my balance increase!
marko236

I totally agree with you guys, i said it's worth it if you make good money.

My job is boring but what a laugh i get in my work, you just dont get that at home looking at a laptop all by yourself.

If i continue what i'm doing in trading and increase what i'm earning, at the very least i'l still be working part time.
LeTiss

I had an ex-girlfriend whose brother lived in New York

I was making conversation with him at a party, and remarked how cool it must be to live in NY - he said once you've seen the sights 100 times on the way to work, the novelty wears off

I suppose it's no different to being a full-time trader. When you've done it for years, the novelty wears off. You forget about the cracking income, having no bosses or tossers as work colleagues, you forget about the freedom and watching sport all day -you just become stale, it's human nature
marko236

Hey LeTiss,

Come and work with me, you get cold wet, put under extreme preasure most of the time and you can get £7 an hour.

If your interested let me know and i'l get details to you :D
Iron

You're not a chugger, are you? :lol:

Jeff
[quote="marko236"]
Come and work with me, you get cold wet, put under extreme pressure most of the time and you can get £7 an hour./quote]
marko236

Ferru123 wrote:You're not a chugger, are you? :lol:

Jeff
marko236 wrote: Come and work with me, you get cold wet, put under extreme pressure most of the time and you can get £7 an hour./quote]
What do you mean Jeff? i dont understand is it something your mum does for a living???
Iron

Please keep my mother out of this.
marko236 wrote:i dont understand is it something your mum does for a living???
steven1976

PeterLe wrote:Andy Fuller once posted: "Since when is making Money Boring"..and I think he was spot on! :D
Hasn't Andy quit bf! :shock:
steven1976

Making money should be boring once you are making it. The challenge of making new money in new areas is the challenge that most people often don't want to do because it steps outside of their comfort (boredom) zone.

Making money outside of bf is far easier than in bf in my opinion.
PeterLe

steven1976 wrote:Making money should be boring once you are making it. The challenge of making new money in new areas is the challenge that most people often don't want to do because it steps outside of their comfort (boredom) zone.

Making money outside of bf is far easier than in bf in my opinion.
Yep Andy is still around..
I do often think about how I may have done outside of BF if I had concentrated on setting up a small business..and put the same amount of hours into it as I have on BF

Just out of interest; does anyone have any side interests that you are able to compare against trading (in terms of effort/time against income?)
steven1976

A friend over here who does very well from bf said to me if someone was successful and walked away they are lying. If they say they are not lying they are trading! :D :D
steven1976

As for the side money, I just opened a market stall in Burma. Its 400 dollars a month+++
marko236

PeterLe wrote:
Just out of interest; does anyone have any side interests that you are able to compare against trading (in terms of effort/time against income?)[/quote]

If you want to make lots of money it doesn't matter what you do it's going to take a lot of effort and time, if you put in loads of time and have the abillity to trade you will make lots of money trading.

The same goes with everything in life, put 100% in and you will get what you want. But for me money isn't my main goal being happy is.
stevequal

Good topic discussion, particularly looking forward to 2014.

I am actually looking in the other direction. I want my trading next year to be more boring, infact as dull as possible. I started trading because I enjoy sport and I liked the idea of making money from it. So I get an excitement from putting money through the market and the liveliness of winning and losing. Great, except this has nothing to do with trading and is a clear route to making losses.

I want to get to a state where placing trades isn't interesting, because it should be just methodical. There should be no way that I can find enjoyment in trading other than:

+ Discovering a new potential strategy from looking at previous data.
+ Discussing ideas with other people.
+ Looking at my results at the end of every month/quarter with a financially positive outcome, feeling a small sense of accomplishment.
+ Feeling good about being disciplined and working hard.

I use to want to end every Saturday afternoon by looking at my weekly profit and enjoying a beer at the pub with a sense of accomplishment. But, I am putting this thought/aim firmly in the bin, because its the wrong attitude to trading.

Return to “General discussion”