Fun way to trade

A place to discuss anything.
marko236

You sound just like a trader stevequal.

I think you'l get what your looking for :D
stevequal

You sound just like a trader stevequal.

I think you'll get what your looking for :D
I think fun is about adventure, irresponsibility, daring etc. I am not sure that fits well with trading.
marko236

Just trading the darts there, nice little ups and downs with the odds.

Thats the first time i've traded darts and it gave me a nice little profit.
marko236

Forgot to say there.

Bf are giving 10% back off your loses on the darts, that may help a little to, you have to opt in to get it.
oscar123

I agree with mugsgame and LeTiss, i think they sum it up perfectly.

Trading as a job is boring, but so are most jobs, and after a while you take this for granted. Ive worked night shifts in factories picking orders (now that is boring!) and ive worked in bookies dealing with the public (which for me was by far the worst part of an otherwise enjoyable job, its only about 5% of the customers which annoy you, but boy do they annoy you!)

I love horse racing though, i love sports and the markets fascinate me still, so i know i am very very lucky to be able to do this. But in truth, its mainly just sitting in front of a computer screen watching numbers, i guess thats boring.

Not sure what im saying here, yes its boring, yes i take it for granted, but deep down, i love it,and if it gets too boring, you can always just skin up and get stoned.
marko236

You make it sound so good and easy oscar.
oscar123

It's definitely not easy. It can be boring, it can be fun, it can be exciting, it can be dull, but it's definitely not easy, and never will be.

I can't vouch for how anybody else trades or gambles, but for me it's long hours in front of a computer screen. Even if you are lucky and find something that works for you, it's still not easy, as you have to work as hard, or probably even harder to carry on making it work and be constantly working on new ideas.

I think people have the idea that most people who win just turn up 5 mins before the start of racing after a morning on the golf course, trade for a few hours, then go and spend their winnings in a fancy restaurant at night. Whilst that may be the case for some, it certainly isn't for me.

Easy is the last word I would use to describe trading the markets daily.
marko236

Do you do this full time oscar?

And if you do would you recommend it to others??
burdo77

I kinda feel that if u were to be successful trader over your lifetime you must be able to adapt to changes in markets. Developing your own strategies should break the monotony of doing the same every day and thus kill the boredom.

Keep your mind flexible by developing strategies in many sports.
Zenyatta

If you people are bored trading you obviously haven't tried 'Zenyatta' maniac-style trading :D

Just increase your risk, the greater the risk the greater the interest. Put say 50% of your entire bank on a trade and try for 48-ticks, or bet 1K on something , aim for 100 ticks and let it go In-Play etc. Your heart will pump,adrenaline will race.
Of course, you will likely go broke like me, but you will not be bored any more :lol:
LinusP

Zenyatta wrote:If you people are bored trading you obviously haven't tried 'Zenyatta' maniac-style trading :D

Just increase your risk, the greater the risk the greater the interest. Put say 50% of your entire bank on a trade and try for 48-ticks, or bet 1K on something , aim for 100 ticks and let it go In-Play etc. Your heart will pump,adrenaline will race.
Of course, you will likely go broke like me, but you will not be bored any more :lol:
Are you the mad bomber Zenyatta? :D
Zenyatta

LinusP wrote:
Are you the mad bomber Zenyatta? :D
No. I'm fairly sure that even I don't have the mad bombers bankroll ;)

Seriously though, if people are bored its because they are playing too safe. There is no reason to be bored when there is always something high-risk and exciting to try...surely if folks are making good profits, there is nothing wrong with putting aside a small amount for the high-risk, exciting stuff?

Return to “General discussion”