Arbing in play

A place to discuss anything.
burdo77

I'm interested if anyone arbs in play rather than the conventional back / lay. In many markets it actually looks better value to arb due to the high spread between the back lay in many minor markets rather than match odds.
gazuty

burdo77 wrote: In many markets it actually looks better value to arb due to the high spread between the back lay in many minor markets rather than match odds.
Do you mean "market make" those markets by trying to create a new market with a narrower spread?

I find in some markets with a wide spread I don't get both sides of the book matched if I try that. But there are many markets and perhaps there will be enough liquidity for you to narrow the spread.

I have seen arbs in tightly matched markets in play (eg test cricket) vs bookmaker odds.
burdo77

My point is that there ' is more than one way to skin a cat', so to speak. There are many markets that trade we'll above 100%, even 20/20 cricket which can sometimes trade at 150% however bookmakers keep there odds close to 100%.

I'm not saying I do arb, however it would seem better value in some circumstances where the back side is at 150% and lay at 60% for example 20/20 cricket.
EyePeaSea

burdo77 wrote:I'm interested if anyone arbs in play rather than the conventional back / lay
Some time ago I looked at Arb'ing between bookies (bets on the whole field, across multiple bookie websites, where mathematically the odds gave me an edge), but the problem was getting up to date data (within a few seconds) for multiple sites. I got the data from Oddschecker (Ajax - what a nightmare), but their data was always lagging behind, causing problems with making bets reliably.

I've also got a prototype to Arb between BetDaq and BetFair (Back/Lay) but just haven't got round to moving that from Proof of Concept to live running.

Regards

Ian
burdo77

I really wish there was a betting passport so u can easily access bookmakers in a single click. Betfairs odds are often lower than bookmakers, subtract 5% = a rip off.

Return to “General discussion”