Running 2 Betangel professional on 1 account, is it possible

User to User support only. For technical support visit www.betangel.com/support/
mindiawl

Hi, I wanted to ask if its possible before trying it out.

I have the betangel prof package.

Are you aloud to run betangel on one laptop in practice mode and another on another laptop also in practice mode with only one batfair account? So both getting feeds from one betfair account

Im asking as I want to test in practice mode 2 different automation theories at the same time.

Thanks
6thSense
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

Yes. You are allowed to do this.

However, you will need to be mindful of the data request limitations enforced by Betfair and reduce the max number of calls in each instance accordingly.

See here - http://betangel.kayako.com/Knowledgebas ... ge-charges
mindiawl

thanks just had a read, so if Currently, Betfair apply charges if the total number of API calls per second exceed 20 requests in one second.

Do i need to make sure im using 10 from each laptop?
6thSense
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

I would set each one to a maximum of 9.

If you read the article again then you will see it is possible for Betfair to count over 20 per second even if you have it set to a max of 20 per second.

This is because they are likely to start their count at a different point during a second than your computer will.
mindiawl

I remember seeing a betangel video somewhere on how to do this, i will look for it now. Thanks very much for your help. I love this forum its so easy to get answers.
mindiawl

if i do take to much data how will i know that I have been charged by betfair? where will the charge show?
PeterLe

mindiawl wrote:if i do take to much data how will i know that I have been charged by betfair? where will the charge show?
The first time you go over the limit you get an email from betfair.
I once went over and got a bill for over £600 :shock:
But I wrote to the BDP team and they let me off as it was the first time...(Not saying they still do this by the way, be careful)
mindiawl

£600 omgd.

So as per my photo (Circled in red) below if i keep both sessions under 9 im ok am i?

cos my second session on my second laptop is only placing lay bets at sp using guardian automation.

So that session does not need much refresh does it.

Am I getting this right?
Last edited by mindiawl on Tue Mar 18, 2014 6:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PeterLe

mindiawl wrote:£600 omgd.

So as per my photo (Circled in red) below if i keep both sessions under 9 im ok am i?

cos my second session on my second laptop is only placing lay bets at sp using guardian automation.

So that session does not need much refresh does it.

Am I getting this right?
if you look at the image you attached..Click on the spanner icon next to the text "Big Screen"
then click on "Communications"
Set the Limit Data requests from betfair to 9
Save

Then repeat on the other bet angel you have running
This single setting governs guardian; automation and everything
mindiawl

yes have done that, does that now affect the number i have circled in the photo?
LinusP

Yes it will limit it to 9, I would get rid of your username in that image.
mindiawl

Oops ok. Thanks
mindiawl

Has the screen shot now gone?
PeterLe

mindiawl wrote:Has the screen shot now gone?
Yep - Hope your funds haven't! :D
Switch on Betfair authentication too (there's a thread on here in the last week or so)
EyePeaSea

mindiawl wrote:if i do take to much data how will i know that I have been charged by betfair? where will the charge show?
I'm not sure how quickly the charges show up, but the help page says that it shows up the following day. I think the charges will appear here:
'BetFair | Summary Tab | Account Statement' and then selecting 'Data Request Charges' from the drop down box.

I'm gradually increasing the data rate and ran at 22 requests/sec yesterday and didn't get charged. My supplementary data refresh rates are low (all set to 1 minute), which will hopefully help. Add to that, I'm creating commission and implied commission, which counts against any charge. It would be useful if BF gave a breakdown of potential charges offset by commission for the account so I could see how close I am to being charged.

Ian

Return to “Support”