Anton Kreil - Institute of trading.

Long, short, Bitcoin, forex - Plenty of alternate market disuccsion.
98lewisj

Has anyone been trough the Institute of trading program with Anton Kreil? Was hoping for some feedback. Looks very good content but at $3k looks a bit on the steep side (Im sure its easily doable to make this back).
There is also a free seminar on the 25/09/15 in London. (probably more of a sales pitch)
http://www.instutrade.com
Iron

In my opinion, most trading courses are a waste of money. No-one is going to sell you their secret sauce for £3,000 or even £30,000 (assuming such a thing exists). They will be too busy filling their boots.

There are plenty of good books out there about trading with discipline and sensible staking when trading. Telling you that you're going to increase your bank by 0.1% per trade if you have an edge probably won't excite you as much as a picture of someone driving a Ferrari, but I'd hazard that the only person who will end up driving a Ferrari as a result of the £3,000 course is the trainer...

Jeff
98lewisj

By all accounts Anton is a well known trader that has worked with 3 of the biggest investment banks in the world. He personally mentors you and makes his money from the back end 'selling' traders to hedge funds for between 100k and 200k. Agree that there are books etc out there that can and will help us but I personally think 3k is quite a small price to pay. If I went to uni again It would cost me circa 30k so 3k or a product IMHO is not out of the way. Especially if you get something out of it. Was hoping for some feedback from anyone who has done this course or anything similar.
Regards
Jay
Iron

98lewisj wrote:By all accounts Anton is a well known trader that has worked with 3 of the biggest investment banks in the world.
...which proves nothing about his abilities or what he can teach you.

For a start, he's a fundamentalist (who, I believe, dismissed technical analysis), so whether he can teach you to replicate his magic is debatable. Also, watch this video and tell me if you really think it's worth paying 3 grand for this guy's pearls of wisdom: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v6ciY8u04Kk

I once watched a video where a trading psychology course trainer asked the audience who had been on a trading course previously that they'd paid thousands of dollars for. A load of hands went up. The guy then smiled wryly and said something like, 'In that case, it's funny that you're here today, isn't it?'.

BTW, I'm a member of a financial traders' group, and the consensus seems to be that you shouldn't even think about trading for a living unless you have six figures to play with. Remember that some of the best financial traders in the world make only 20% per annum.

However, it's possible that you'll come back in six months and tell us all how Mr Kriel has made you your 3K back many times over. If so, I'll happily eat humble pie. :D

Jeff
98lewisj

I once watched a video where a trading psychology course trainer asked the audience who had been on a trading course previously that they'd paid thousands of dollars for. A load of hands went up. The guy then smiled wryly and said something like, 'In that case, it's funny that you're here today, isn't it?'.
Totally agree with this, I have actually been on a betfair trading course where I would say 80% of attendees (not me) had been on another well known betfair trading course in the past.
BTW, I'm a member of a financial traders' group, and the consensus seems to be that you shouldn't even think about trading for a living unless you have six figures to play with. Remember that some of the best financial traders in the world make only 20% per annum.
I would be starting with a £20k bank so with leverage of say 1 - 3 times makes this a ok starting number. 20% compounded over a 5 year period works out quite a nice sum.
However, it's possible that you'll come back in six months and tell us all how Mr Kriel has made you your 3K back many times over. If so, I'll happily eat humble pie. :D
Hope your right Jeff. Anyway, thanks for the reply. Appreciate it. Regards
Jay
Golfer

Read the whole of the Market Wizard series and Reminiscences of Stock Operator.

Find the style of trader you want to be before you splash out on expensive courses that may not be relevant.

Traders at banks/firm usually operate different to how you imagine, they are not directional/discretionary traders.
Iron

+1

There is plenty of quality trading information online and in inexpensive books, which may actually take you further towards your goal than a course costing £3,000.

Jay - Here's a thread from the Trade2Win forum about Kriel: http://www.trade2win.com/boards/educati ... kreil.html

BTW, remember that, even if you use the exact methods someone uses to make 20% per annum on a £20 million account, you may do considerably worse on a £20K account when you take transaction costs into account.

Not trying to neg you out, but best to go into this with both eyes open. :)

Jeff
Golfer wrote:Read the whole of the Market Wizard series and Reminiscences of Stock Operator.

Find the style of trader you want to be before you splash out on expensive courses that may not be relevant.

Traders at banks/firm usually operate different to how you imagine, they are not directional/discretionary traders.
Iron

Jay - One of the people in the aforementioned thread wrote the following, which would make me not want to touch Kriel with a bargepole:

'I spoke to Anton a few months ago about his mentoring program.

He talked to me on the phone for almost an hour, a very nice chat I must admit.
At the time he told me that his contacts in China were informing him that everybody was ditching iphones for samsung hence he was ready to be short $AAPL.
Well he was spot on as we all know AAPL recent price action.

My opinion is that the guy obviously knows his stuff but as in his example the edge IBs and HFs have is information (the most valuable commodity I know of!!). They talk to company CEOs, have teams of researchers and analysts who works 15hrs a day for traders.
Once you are out on your own it's just you, no info, no research and no analysis. You could obviously do it on your own but you clearly don't have the resources and if you were a trader you are not an analyst now!

Anyway for his mentoring program he wants 5-6 grand and all I was told I was given was a few spreadsheets, a couple of PDFs and him monitoring my positions so I said no thanks!
Iron

Just came across this and was reminded of your comment! :lol:
Cartoon.jpg
Golfer wrote: Traders at banks/firm usually operate different to how you imagine, they are not directional/discretionary traders.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
herbie

He was the bloke who ran the prop shop in http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Million_Dollar_Traders on the BBC a few years ago
Euler

Trading isn't straightforward so people are always looking for short cuts. That's why they skip from one set of training to another hoping to uncover some great secret, when in fact all they need to do is look in the mirror.

From from the trainers perspective you are a bit doomed. You tend to find that people who can't trade successfully will often will blame the trainer, but people who can will probably end up not giving credit to the people that taught them. Especially if they then go on to try and train others using that information.

So it's a bit of a catch 22 I think.

However I would always advocate getting advice, you just need to be careful where you seek it. Get it from a well qualified expert and it will prove invaluable. But ultimately its still you that has to press the button.
Iron

One thing that sticks out in my mind is him praising a trader who bet big on a hunch. Betting the farm on a gut-based prediction is pretty reckless, in my book...

I also seem to remember that he wasn't impressed when traders wanted to just sit on their hands when they weren't sure what do to (contrary to the advice of trading gurus including Warren Buffet who say that you should only enter the market when there's a good trading opportunity).

Jeff
herbie wrote:He was the bloke who ran the prop shop in http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Million_Dollar_Traders on the BBC a few years ago
Iron

Euler wrote:That's why they skip from one set of training to another hoping to uncover some great secret, when in fact all they need to do is look in the mirror.
So would it make sense for newbies to forget about attending a course in the first instance, and instead focus initially on the psychological side of their trading?
Euler wrote:people who can will probably end up not giving credit to the people that taught them. Especially if they then go on to try and train others using that information.
That's bad karma man, peace out! :)

Either that, or organise a charity boxing match with this hypothetical person! :lol: You might even be able to persuade Betfair to open a market on it! :lol:

You could call it 'Battle of the masterclasses', with a strapline of 'Who will be teaching who a lesson?'. :lol:

Jeff
Groovyelms

Great to see that the worshipfull art of scamming is alive and kicking. This thread did make me chuckle.. :D
Dublin_Flyer

I had a look at the video to "Why buy this course" on Antonkreil.com

Didn't see anything to make me buy it, much less it's a completely choreographed sales pitch, same as the guy selling vacuum cleaners door to door on weekends. He also has 2 keyboards, 2 mouses, and a calculator on the desk beside him with the 3 screen display. I hope the course cost includes surgery for adding another pair of arms to use the extra keyboard and mouse.

If anyone is interested in this course, I can make you a much better offer. You see my name is Mujinko Matalo, and my father, our town chief was killed in my homeland of Sudan. I have $4.9 million dollars in a bank account which I need to transfer....... :lol:

Return to “Trading Financial markets”