2015 UK General Election

Betfair trading & Punting on politics. Be aware there is a lot of off topic discussion in this group centred on Political views.
Archangel

i loved Camerons freudian slip."This is a real career-defining election!" before swiftly correcting himself. "Country-defining!"
hgodden

Archangel wrote:i loved Camerons freudian slip."This is a real career-defining election!" before swiftly correcting himself. "Country-defining!"
Almost as bad as his pretending to be a Villa fan one day and a West Ham fan the next :lol:
LeTiss

That shows how fake politicians are

Nobody ever forgets which football club they support, it's part of their DNA!

Cameron clearly hates football, but to show he's not a stuck up Tory and detached from the masses (especially the working class), he was advised to support a football team

He was designated Villa, and simply associated West Ham with the Claret & Blue of his...cough....favourite team
Archangel

how can these guys represent ordinary folk !
Wyndon

Agreed. It reeks of privilege.
superfrank

unfortunately politics attracts low calibre people these days for lots of reasons (most new MPs are ex-local councillors or special advisers that have never had a proper job).

i'd reduce the number of MPs, double the salaries (for new MPs only) and make a rule that they must have had proper jobs for at least 12 years before running for parliament... and can't be Scottish :D
LeTiss

I notice decent money is starting to appear on a Conservative majority, both with the bookies and exchanges

Perhaps people are becoming scared of a SNP/Labour alliance & will possibly vote tactically for the Tories

At 1.12 laying NO Overall Majority looks as though there might be some movement there
Archangel

Did Miliband rule out a alliance with the SNP?
I am guessing this is just tactical are the SNP are scaring people to vote Tory. Also SNP are hovering up a lot of Labour voters
Of course once the election is over and Labour need the SNP , they will get together for the "good of the country"
LeTiss

"I am not going to have a Labour government if it means deals or coalitions with the Scottish National Party"

The words of Ed Miliband on Question Time yesterday
Euler

Wonder if he had his fingers crossed when he said that.

The market is good trading fodder and you wonder if it will go into overdrive next week.
LeTiss

Almost certainly, but if he then does the exact opposite within a week it will make him look like a liar, which is a disastrous start for anybody
marko236

LeTiss 4pm wrote:Almost certainly, but if he then does the exact opposite within a week it will make him look like a liar, which is a disastrous start for anybody
Who are they going to go with if not snp?
LeTiss

LeTiss 4pm wrote:I notice decent money is starting to appear on a Conservative majority, both with the bookies and exchanges

Perhaps people are becoming scared of a SNP/Labour alliance & will possibly vote tactically for the Tories

At 1.12 laying NO Overall Majority looks as though there might be some movement there
Already good movement tonight

NO Overall has gone from 1.12 to 1.16 being matched
Tories backed from 10 to 8
LeTiss

Ed Miliband is drifting on the market for 'Prime Minister after GE'

Clearly Labour are losing support, be interesting to see if this continues all week
Euler

It's going to be a very interesting Thursday

http://www.newstatesman.com/politics/20 ... itish-coup

Return to “Political betting & arguing”