2015 UK General Election

Betfair trading & Punting on politics. Be aware there is a lot of off topic discussion in this group centred on Political views.
tweebie1999

Archangel wrote:Did Miliband rule out a alliance with the SNP?
I am guessing this is just tactical are the SNP are scaring people to vote Tory. Also SNP are hovering up a lot of Labour voters
Of course once the election is over and Labour need the SNP , they will get together for the "good of the country"
He did rule it out. And I agree Archangel, they will get together a) for the good of the country b) to provide stable government in times of need. :lol:
Euler

All Labour are trying to do is get elected, once through the door everything goes out the window IMHO.
superfrank

'read earlier that it could take a month to resolve, don't think i could bear it.

next PM market could get very interesting.

i find it scary that Miliband might 'win' but i don't believe in tactical voting so it's UKIP for me (really hoping Farage wins his seat).
Archangel

Euler wrote:All Labour are trying to do is get elected, once through the door everything goes out the window IMHO.
I think that all they are all trying to do in fairness
At least Miliband didnt go to Eton like the rest of them seem to have done
tweebie1999

Whatever happens it's going to be a mess. It does worry me that Miliband told the Question Time audience in Leeds last week that he didnt believe Labour spent too much during their last period in office.
Euler

tweebie1999 wrote:Whatever happens it's going to be a mess. It does worry me that Miliband told the Question Time audience in Leeds last week that he didnt believe Labour spent too much during their last period in office.
They didn't spend too much, they only nearly bankrupted the UK, they didn't quite achieve it. Let's give them another chance. They failed in the 70's and during their reign in the 90/00's so I'm sure they will give it a bloody good try this time around.

No gold to sell off at historical lows though, not pension tax, no booming economy. If they do another debt binge then they can probably well and truly finish the job this time.
superfrank

Euler wrote:If they do another debt binge then they can probably well and truly finish the job this time.
first thing Ed Balls would do is call Mark Carney and tell him to fire up the printing presses! remember that with Labour it's public "investment" not spending!!
Archangel

The right wing press are really going to town on Ed
They must be scared
or perhaps its the people who own them that have benefited from Tory policies :lol:
superfrank

Edstone reportedly cost £30k - he's not even in yet and he's wasting money!

it doesn't say anything measurable anyway, deliberately vague politico speak.
Archangel

Farage is mental though. i dont really buy that ordinary bloke down the pub he promotes. hes got more of a Thatcherite vibe about him.
i guess he appeals to a certan person with his rhetoric
LeTiss

UKIP are basically anti-establishment, they don't believe in political correctness.

The problem with central government becoming so PC, is that it's turned immigration into a grey area. People don't like talking about it, UKIP do

Having a strong opinion on immigration doesn't make someone racist, so I think all 3 parties have tried to portray them as bigots

I'm fascinated by UKIP's vote tomorrow, more than any other party. It will be really interesting to see how many of their 5m voters from the European elections leave them
tweebie1999

Euler wrote:
tweebie1999 wrote:Whatever happens it's going to be a mess. It does worry me that Miliband told the Question Time audience in Leeds last week that he didnt believe Labour spent too much during their last period in office.
They didn't spend too much, they only nearly bankrupted the UK, they didn't quite achieve it. Let's give them another chance. They failed in the 70's and during their reign in the 90/00's so I'm sure they will give it a bloody good try this time around.

No gold to sell off at historical lows though, not pension tax, no booming economy. If they do another debt binge then they can probably well and truly finish the job this time.
I was being understated in saying I was worried. I was a schoolboy in 1976 when Labour took us to the IMF for a loan. The once mighty Great Britain cap in hand to the IMF! Then we had to go through the Winter of Discontent because inflation was so high Labour had to bring in a wage freeze policy. The unions didnt like this and there were public sector strikes. Even gravediggers took their shovels home. That was the working man against Labour. The moral of this is you can do nothing to help the working man with a broken economy.

Euler you are right Labour has always tried to bankrupt the UK and they will probably have a pefect opportuity soon.
Euler

My earliest memories as a child were the mid 70's, it was a disaster. I remember cleaning my teeth with what little toothpaste we had and the lights going out regularly. I think people have forgotten just how bad things were, but that shaped my life view forever TBH. I remember just how poor my family was and how hopeless everything looked. Yet Labour was supposed to be helping the working class? There had to be a better way and personal responsibility seemed to be it for me.

When Labour came back into power in 1997 I knew it would be all about tax and spend. That didn't fit comfortably with my mantra of saving during the good times, it was inevitable that it would end badly and it did. I just don't see how that would change under a new Labour government. They just don't seem to get it. REd Milliband's mantra appears to be that they just got it a bit wrong in the past and he wants to try again. Not on my shift!
Euler

This site is always great when looking at politics: -

http://politicalbetting.com/

Return to “Political betting & arguing”