Betfair account closed - Funds with-held

News, chat and debate about the Betfair betting exchange.
The Silk Run

ForFolksSake wrote:
Sat May 11, 2024 4:06 pm
The Silk Run wrote:
Sat May 11, 2024 3:30 pm
Furthermore. Banking in any country appears to turn a blind eye to gambling. That's the impression I get. But they clearly know it is embedded in their every day banking.

I think if governments become more involved that's when things could change ...
Betfair, Revolut, WorldPay appearing on bank statements
I'm pretty confused by all this now :?
I do like you Username :)
wearthefoxhat

ForFolksSake wrote:
The Silk Run wrote:
Furthermore. Banking in any country appears to turn a blind eye to gambling. That's the impression I get. But they clearly know it is embedded in their every day banking.

One poster suggested using Paypal as a deposit/withdrawal method. Sounds like a fair idea.
ForFolksSake

wearthefoxhat wrote:
Sat May 11, 2024 5:51 pm
ForFolksSake wrote:
The Silk Run wrote:

One poster suggested using Paypal as a deposit/withdrawal method. Sounds like a fair idea.
If you mean BACS transfer I'm still confused :?

ChatGPT:
As of my last update, PayPal doesn't support direct Bacs transfers to and from bank accounts within its platform. Instead, PayPal users typically link their bank accounts or cards to their PayPal accounts. When you receive money through PayPal, you can transfer it to your linked bank account by initiating a withdrawal from your PayPal balance. Conversely, when you want to add funds to your PayPal account, you can do so by transferring money from your bank account to your PayPal account. These transfers are usually processed through traditional banking channels rather than the Bacs system specifically. However, PayPal's services and features might have evolved since my last update, so it's a good idea to check the latest information on their website or contact their customer support for the most accurate details.
wearthefoxhat

ForFolksSake wrote:
Sat May 11, 2024 6:32 pm
wearthefoxhat wrote:
ForFolksSake wrote:

ChatGPT:
As of my last update, PayPal doesn't support direct Bacs transfers to and from bank accounts within its platform. Instead, PayPal users typically link their bank accounts or cards to their PayPal accounts. When you receive money through PayPal, you can transfer it to your linked bank account by initiating a withdrawal from your PayPal balance. Conversely, when you want to add funds to your PayPal account, you can do so by transferring money from your bank account to your PayPal account. These transfers are usually processed through traditional banking channels rather than the Bacs system specifically. However, PayPal's services and features might have evolved since my last update, so it's a good idea to check the latest information on their website or contact their customer support for the most accurate details.
The poster that mentioned Paypal, did so in relation to concerns on what would appear on their bank statements. It sounds like a fair option if they want Paypal on there instead of Betfair.

I only ever used my normal UK current account for deposits/withdrawals to/from Betfair and Paypal for buying stuff off Ebay. Never had an issue with either the UK bank or Betfair. (famous last words....)
Crazyskier

ForFolksSake wrote:
wearthefoxhat wrote:
ForFolksSake wrote:

ChatGPT:
It was me, @wearthefoxhat.

And, yes Paypal in the UK do indeed allow BACS transfers in and out. They are usually instant and free, for both deposits and withdrawals. Done it for over a decade.

CS
ForFolksSake

Crazyskier wrote:
Sun May 12, 2024 12:05 am
ForFolksSake wrote:
wearthefoxhat wrote:

ChatGPT:

And, yes Paypal in the UK do indeed allow BACS transfers in and out. They are usually instant and free, for both deposits and withdrawals. Done it for over a decade.

CS
Not according to ChatGPT:

No, you can't directly transfer funds from your PayPal account to your bank account using the BACS (Bankers' Automated Clearing Services) system. PayPal typically offers its own withdrawal options, such as transferring funds to a linked bank account or using a PayPal debit card, depending on your location and account settings. If you need to move funds from your PayPal account to your bank, you'll usually do it through PayPal's interface or app, rather than through BACS.
Crazyskier

ForFolksSake wrote:
Sun May 12, 2024 9:19 am
Crazyskier wrote:
ForFolksSake wrote:

ChatGPT:

CS

No, you can't directly transfer funds from your PayPal account to your bank account using the BACS (Bankers' Automated Clearing Services) system. PayPal typically offers its own withdrawal options, such as transferring funds to a linked bank account or using a PayPal debit card, depending on your location and account settings. If you need to move funds from your PayPal account to your bank, you'll usually do it through PayPal's interface or app, rather than through BACS.
And that's the difference between a human in real life and AI for you. I've now clarified twice that that's precisely what I do and have done for many years, most recently a couple of weeks ago. Note that you need to quote an account-specific reference when making BACS deposits, however rest assured it does work. I suggest you place less reliance on Chat GPT and more on these forums if you wish to be helped.

CS

CS
ForFolksSake

Crazyskier wrote:
Mon May 13, 2024 1:18 pm
ForFolksSake wrote:
Sun May 12, 2024 9:19 am
Crazyskier wrote:

CS

And that's the difference between a human in real life and AI for you. I've now clarified twice that that's precisely what I do and have done for many years, most recently a couple of weeks ago. Note that you need to quote an account-specific reference when making BACS deposits, however rest assured it does work. I suggest you place less reliance on Chat GPT and more on these forums if you wish to be helped.

CS

CS
Is there anyway of notifying ChatGPT and telling them a human has told me the answer you have given me is incorrect. :lol:
wearthefoxhat

ForFolksSake wrote:
Mon May 13, 2024 2:50 pm

Is there anyway of notifying ChatGPT and telling them a human has told me the answer you have given me is incorrect. :lol:
I find ChatGPT very good for excel formulas, but need to make sure it understands exactly what it is I want it to solve for me.

It has been known to make mistakes, so we have to check things for ourselves.

ChatGPT.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by wearthefoxhat on Mon May 13, 2024 8:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ForFolksSake

wearthefoxhat wrote:
Mon May 13, 2024 4:38 pm
ForFolksSake wrote:
Mon May 13, 2024 2:50 pm

I find ChatGPT very good for excel formulas, but need to make sure it understands exactly what it is I want it to solve for me.

It has been known to make mistakes, so we have to chack things for ourselves.

ChatGPT.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ForFolksSake

ChatGPT
I apologize for any confusion. As of my last update in January 2022, PayPal in some regions does support transferring funds to a bank account using the BACS system. BACS is commonly used for electronic fund transfers in the UK, so if you have a UK PayPal account and a UK bank account, you may be able to use BACS to transfer funds between them. However, this availability can vary depending on your specific PayPal account and your location, so it's always a good idea to check with PayPal directly or refer to their website for the most accurate and up-to-date information regarding transfer options. 8-)
megarain

Account balance returned yesterday.

No communications or mention of the 300 GBP API fee.

I will email and think about whether its worth a claim at small claims court.
The Silk Run

megarain wrote:
Thu May 23, 2024 3:09 pm
Account balance returned yesterday.

I will email and think about whether its worth a claim at small claims court.
Kool, nice one Megarain. Continue to keep us all updated - Good luck Sir ;)
Kai

megarain wrote:
I thought that was non-refundable?
Derek27

Kai wrote:
Thu May 23, 2024 4:51 pm
megarain wrote:
I thought that was non-refundable?
It's not refundable, but if they take your £299 today and close your account tomorrow...

Return to “Betfair exchange”