Request for Assistance: Bet Angel/Betfair Technical Issue

Advanced automation available in Guardian - Chat with others and share files here.
lotora

jamesedwards wrote:
Tue May 21, 2024 4:01 pm
lotora wrote:
Tue May 21, 2024 3:48 pm
jamesedwards wrote:
Tue May 21, 2024 3:44 pm

Sorry but I can't view this because I havent yet upgraded to the latest beta version.
Okay! Will you please do it later?
Can you find this folder?

C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\Bet Angel\Bet Angel Professional\MarketReports

You should be able to find the Bet Angel log for that race in it.
Found the folder, but because I chose this option first after the "incident" it's not there.
Last edited by lotora on Tue May 21, 2024 4:26 pm, edited 3 times in total.
jimibt

lotora wrote:
Tue May 21, 2024 4:12 pm
jamesedwards wrote:
Tue May 21, 2024 4:01 pm
lotora wrote:
Tue May 21, 2024 3:48 pm

Okay! Will you please do it later?
Can you find this folder?

C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\Bet Angel\Bet Angel Professional\MarketReports

You should be able to find the Bet Angel log for that race in it.
Did not find it!
try this instead (MarketReports will only exist if flagged in your settings):

%appdata%\Bet Angel\Bet Angel Professional\Log
lotora

No log folder
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
jamesedwards

Had a quick look at your rule, and it's difficult to figure out what went wrong without any log data.

Given the prices you got, the market must have been very unformed at the time of your bets being placed. This adds weight to it being connected to the Betfair downtime. What time in British Summer Time were these bets placed? https://www.timeanddate.com/time/zones/bst

Your back bet rules are only set to trigger once each so not sure if my suggestion of adding the signal would have prevented this from happening. I would definitely add a condition around Book%'s, though, so that they only trigger when the market is at a decent level of maturity.
lotora

jamesedwards wrote:
Tue May 21, 2024 5:30 pm
Had a quick look at your rule, and it's difficult to figure out what went wrong without any log data.

Given the prices you got, the market must have been very unformed at the time of your bets being placed. This adds weight to it being connected to the Betfair downtime. What time in British Summer Time were these bets placed? https://www.timeanddate.com/time/zones/bst

Your back bet rules are only set to trigger once each so not sure if my suggestion of adding the signal would have prevented this from happening. I would definitely add a condition around Book%'s, though, so that they only trigger when the market is at a decent level of maturity.
Thanks again!

I see this as an opportunity to learn. I have now changed Betfair's Current Limit for Loss to £200 per day. Despite my precautions, I have no clue how I could have avoided these bets as they did not meet my conditions. However, I could add a condition around Book%'s.
jamesedwards

lotora wrote:
Tue May 21, 2024 5:46 pm
jamesedwards wrote:
Tue May 21, 2024 5:30 pm

Thanks again!

I see this as an opportunity to learn. I have now changed Betfair's Current Limit for Loss to £200 per day. Despite my precautions, I have no clue how I could have avoided these bets as they did not meet my conditions. However, I could add a condition around Book%'s.
What does this BF screen show for that race for 'settled' and 'lapsed'? https://myaccount.betfair.com/activity/bettinghistory
lotora

Here!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Anbell

lotora wrote:
Wed May 22, 2024 12:10 am
Here!
The outage was due to be finished at 5pm AEST but service was restored a few minutes earlier
Anbell

Anbell wrote:
Wed May 22, 2024 7:33 am
lotora wrote:
Wed May 22, 2024 12:10 am
Here!
The outage was due to be finished at 5pm AEST but service was restored a few minutes earlier
image_2024-05-22_164828737.png

Return to “Bet Angel - Automation”