Simple Footy Strategy?

Football, Soccer - whatever you call it. It is the beautiful game.
thepressure

Im a newbie really but have been mainly focusing on horse racing but looking to branch into football as its always avliable somewhere and the money in it is soemtimes very large.

Ive been looking for very simple strategies I can run and I strated with backing under 6.5 goals if an early goal went in and then trading out after a couple of ticks. The problems I have were liquidity at small matches and even larger ones, along with if 2 goals went in quick i was sitting on a large loss.

Are there any really simple strategies that I can look into and then rinse / repeat on a lot of matches? I prefer making small amounts multiple times a day rather than doing less larger trades.

Any help is appreciated, thanks
MobiusGrey

Check out the 'Today's Football' thread, not too many pages back and a conversation between myself and Derek. You should find some gold in there. I'll see if I can find it and post the link
ShaunWhite

There's only one strategy, to identify situations where the prices on offer don't correlate with the real world likelihood of an event happening.

Unforunately trading advice is mired with all sorts of tips and tricks that fail to explain (or deliberatley avoid) the underlying principals of how profits are made and how the maths works, and that's why oversimplistic things like blanket backing under 6.5 and wait for a couple of ticks profit simply don't work as you've already found. Whether or not that works actually depends entirely on your assessment of how long it would take the price to change by more than 2 ticks vs the liklihood of a goal being scored in that same amount of time. Eg odds available vs odds of occuring. Everything always comes back to that.

Mobius, Kia and others are all better footy traders than I'll ever be so look at what they say and you'll see it's more about knowledge and opinion than it is about back X and do Y to make easy money.
Derek27

thepressure wrote:
Tue Feb 01, 2022 1:06 pm
Are there any really simple strategies that I can look into and then rinse / repeat on a lot of matches?
Profit comes not from a strategy but your skill and ability to execute it. Newbies often have simple strategies like backing unders and trading out after x ticks/minutes. The more experienced traders will get a feel for when to get in and out, what price, when the market will remain static and when it's likely to slide, keeping the time you're exposed to a minimum for maximum potential of price movement, etc.
thepressure

MobiusGrey wrote:
Tue Feb 01, 2022 1:13 pm
Check out the 'Today's Football' thread, not too many pages back and a conversation between myself and Derek. You should find some gold in there. I'll see if I can find it and post the link
thanks would appreciate it

Return to “Football trading”