Eurovision 2024

A place to discuss anything.
Euler

shubb wrote:
Fri May 10, 2024 12:38 pm
Israel will probably win tele vote but can the jury let Israel win the whole contest? It would be a big loss for Eurovision and riots happening in Sweden.

Will they give low jury points on purpose?
Jury vote is almost always inversely correlated to the public vote.
Naffman

Netherlands missed the rehearsal, they went straight from Luxembourg to Israel, Joost has been very vocal against Israel, wonder if he may pull out?
Naffman

Euler wrote:
Fri May 10, 2024 1:22 pm
shubb wrote:
Fri May 10, 2024 12:38 pm
Israel will probably win tele vote but can the jury let Israel win the whole contest? It would be a big loss for Eurovision and riots happening in Sweden.

Will they give low jury points on purpose?
Jury vote is almost always inversely correlated to the public vote.
If it's a silly act yes but the better ones need to do well with both.
Euler

Would think that now the news is widespread Isreal would drift a bit.
Naffman

Euler wrote:
Fri May 10, 2024 1:57 pm
Would think that now the news is widespread Isreal would drift a bit.
Yeah was relentless but I still wouldn't lay them at Evs.

Netherlands were never going to get many jury votes but seen as he hasn't come out he should really get 0 shouldn't he?
shubb

I layed heavily against Israel and finally it switched to profit. Shouldn't be against to the public vote too much, lesson learned.
Naffman

Apparently Joost tried to come on stage with something anti-Israel so they stopped him, he may have quit entirely.

People saying if true it helps the tele for Swiss, Croatia, France but when the public find out that the Netherlands have quit because of a 20yo Israeli, it'll only help her more IMO
Naffman

Naffman wrote:
Fri May 10, 2024 2:42 pm
Apparently Joost tried to come on stage with something anti-Israel so they stopped him, he may have quit entirely.

People saying if true it helps the tele for Swiss, Croatia, France but when the public find out that the Netherlands have quit because of a 20yo Israeli, it'll only help her more IMO
Now reports are that he assaulted a Swedish photographer, no one really knows but it ain't going to help him.

It all sounds like a farce, the Italian is singing John Lennon's Imagine too :lol:
Naffman

The more the crowd boo Israel, the better it'll be for them, they got 40% tele when there was no backlash, it should be even higher now you'd think.

The way the other contestants plus the fans have acted is disgraceful, why are they blaming Eden, do I blame every Russian for Putin's actions? No.
Naffman

Finnish spokesperson for the Practice Jury show refuses to give 12 fake points to Israel and gives them to Ireland instead.

Tomorrow could be interesting, I imagine others might just vote Israel to watch the disaster unfold :lol:
shubb

Somehow Eurovision market feels like trading a golf market.
Sometimes there's huge volume spike but sometimes nothing happening.

I let my lay Israel trades run overnight and somehow I'm on profit again. The market just moves so easily when it's thin.
elofan0

No point UK taking part with odds of 410.0 shows we still are going backwards and the Tele vote winner has it between 2
Naffman

elofan0 wrote:
Sat May 11, 2024 10:50 am
No point UK taking part with odds of 410.0 shows we still are going backwards and the Tele vote winner has it between 2
Hard to get it right every year, thought it was a massive improvement on last year.
Naffman

The Dutch are kicked out

I wonder what happens to bets as has this ever been done before, they’d probably only take out 1-2% of the book but do they actually R4 it
Lynskey888

Not involved in this market myself, but I’ve been following this thread and I see the rules say, “All bets stand run or not”.

Return to “General discussion”