Laying the field

Advanced automation available in Guardian - Chat with others and share files here.
Gunnessmanc

Hi hoping for a quick reply if anyone about.
Briefly I am aiming to lay the field above a certain price point but avoiding any runners below. Would I need to do a separate general rule for each position in the field with the correct conditions or can I lay the field as a whole but put the conditions in for each position?

Weekends are the only day I can sit and study my automations actually in real time so trying to set up for the afternoon

Again thanks to all contributors.
Dallas

Apply the rule to 'every runner and add a Fixed odds condition' to test the price is X
Gunnessmanc

Awesome as ever Dallas thank you. I've actually quickly set up 2 versions using the Australian races as a test and found that yes I have to ha a rule for each individual runner and have the conditions set up as I want and it's worked. Quite easy once you realise you can set 1 up correctly then copy for the amount needed and then just adjust the row number.
I've set up for 30 rows but that shouldn't affect things if there are only 10 runners I'm guessing?

Again thank you for your speedy reply Dallas
Dallas

Gunnessmanc wrote:
Sat May 11, 2024 12:55 pm
Awesome as ever Dallas thank you. I've actually quickly set up 2 versions using the Australian races as a test and found that yes I have to ha a rule for each individual runner and have the conditions set up as I want and it's worked. Quite easy once you realise you can set 1 up correctly then copy for the amount needed and then just adjust the row number.
I've set up for 30 rows but that shouldn't affect things if there are only 10 runners I'm guessing?

Again thank you for your speedy reply Dallas
When I said apply the rule to 'Every' runner I meant use just one rule and in the 'Applies to' area choose 'Every'

It'll do the same as you've done but you'll only have rule to change if ever you want to edit the price or something
Gunnessmanc

Morning Dallas, seen your last reply. :lol: I believe I made it more complicated than necessary but it worked for the afternoon.

I have tried this morning now with your suggestion even if it's just to tidy the whole thing up..........and guess what? It worked.

My mistake was I was telling it to 'lay all selections' and in doing so the 'every selection' choice was not available to me.

It just goes to show the versatility of the software, where there will be multiple ways to complete an idea it's just some journeys are a lot more scenic than others.

Thanks again Dallas, maybe someone else may find this little exchange of use to them, its generally what I do, reading through the forum, there are loads of valuable nuggets of information hidden inside questions at first glance may appear to have no relevance to what I'm trying to do.

Return to “Bet Angel - Automation”