A recommendation for live pictures please whilst travelling.

Learn sports betting strategies and discuss key factors to consider when placing a bet.
Melsey

Hi all,

I just wanted to know if anyone had any good recommendations for live pictures on the horses when away from home. I am a pre-race trader.

I have always used a slingbox connected to my home sky box, but it suddenly went on the blink a couple of days ago (it had about an 8 second delay). I have been away on a business trip for a couple if days and decided to use RUK's internet "live" pictures to see me through... Well if you call a 45 second delay live..!

Anyhow have found out that I will be away for the first couple of days of Cheltenham, out of the UK, so no CH4.... am working on getting the SB fixed but may have to buy another one if it's not done in time, unless anyone has any other ideas....???
ray131262

For HR it's tricky because Bet365 and Betfair insist you bet to watch pictures.

If you have an ipad/iphone I would suggest downloading an app TV Catch up and FilmOn Live TV. Then get a VPN connection back to a UK server via Hide my Ass and watch C4. If you do the VPN link via HMA then you can also watch C4 player too and SKY Go.

Of course all pictures are never live but the delay via these feeds is circa 10 - 20 seconds.

Hope this helps.
Melsey

Thanks Ray... Will give HMA a go with Sky go while the SB is being repaired...
Euler

Betdaq live video, no need to place a bet, just fund your account and you get a five minute lead into each race.
sweetybt

Dont think Betdaq Video works outside UK without a VPN.

You're up early Peter too, go swimming as well?

Private Saturday morning Trader's Swimming Club?
Euler

sweetybt wrote:Dont think Betdaq Video works outside UK without a VPN.
VPN is quite cheap and a few web proxies shouldn't be a problem. But I tend to use a VPS anyhow. VPS's are great for travelling.
Euler

sweetybt wrote:You're up early Peter too, go swimming as well?
Time of day depends on which part of the world you are in, so I could be early or late stumbling in from a drunken night out ;)
sweetybt

Very true.

Well if it is the latter don't go swimming when drunk, very very dangerous even if Mugs is there to pull you out.

Best to go straight to bed.
andyfuller

If using a slingbox there is some setting you can change to speed up pictures, from memory it is picture quality, but do a google search on speeding up the pictures.

A basic and perhaps faster system could be a webcam, iPad, iPhone etc. placed in front of the TV at home and do a Skype Video call. I believe Skype is very fast and used by oncourse people and has in the past been used to distribute the on course video feed. You could use something like TeamViewer to control the PC etc at home to accept the call.

Better still if you have someone at home who can change channel for you etc that could be handy but if all you want it for is Cheltenham there should be no need to change channel.

I suspect Peter was well into his day having traded the Oz racing I would have thought. Peter, have you looked into Parkrun? Might be a good thing for your running and would slot in nicely after the Oz session.
Melsey

Thanks for all the advice.

SB up and running again but will have a play with the other options mentioned here...

Many thanks for all of your time.

Return to “Betfair trading strategies”